21. International Film Festival ZOOM - ZBLIZENIA (19 - 25.02.2018, Jelenia Góra) is one of the largest and most important independent cinema festivals in Poland. Its aim is to present the author's cinema, ambitious, high artistic value, moving independent and original subject matter, as well as promotion of independent film art.
Within the festival are held: international film contests, non competition screenings (best movies of the last season), open meetings with famous filmmakers, silent cinema with live music.
The Local Community Centre (Osiedlowy Dom Kultury) in Jelenia Góra, is the official organizers of this event.
The following Main Prizes will be presented:
The prize for best fiction film
The prize for best documentary film
The prize for best video-art
commendations and special prizes in each contest.
1. Within the 21. IFF “ZOOM – ZBLIŻENIA” 2018, three international contests will be held:
SHORT FICTION FILM CONTEST ( up to 60 minutes )
SHORT DOCUMENTARY FILM CONTEST ( up to 60 minutes )
VIDEO-ART CONTEST ( up to 15 minutes )
2. Film contests will be held from 21 to 24.02.2018 in Jelenia Góra, Poland.
3. The main idea of the festival is the presentation of amateur and ambitious cinema, with a high artistic value, taking independent and original themes. There are no restrictions on themes and topics.
4. Submitted films should be made in 2016 – 2017.
5. One movie can be submitted only to one of contests organized during the Festival. The same film submitted to several contests will be disqualified.
6. Art schools, film schools, production companies, film institutions, independent artists and other entitled may submit films to the competition.
7. Films should be submitted to the selection by ONE chosen by the author way:
a) www.zoomfestival.pl (SUBMIT A FILM button)
b) by the submiting platform FilmFreeway
Please DO NOT SUBMIT films by both websites.
8. All non-Polish films (except films made in English language) must include English subtitles.
9. Authors of films in Polish are requested to submit a copy with English subtitles.
10. The festival charges a fee of $ 5.00 for each film submitted via FilmFreeway platform. In case of submitting films via the registration form on our website www.zoomfestival.pl no fee is charged.
11. Deadline for submissions 15.09.2017.
12. The only exceptions are student films that can be submitted by the registration form on our website www.zoomfestival.pl by 15.10.2017.
13. The contestants will be informed about the results of qualification on the Festival’s official website www.zoomfestival.pl by 8.12.2017.
14. The authors of films qualified to the competition are obliged to send by 31.12.2017:
a) 3 film shots (resolution 300 dpi)
b) a projection copy of qualified film
to the following addresses:
email@example.com – short fiction film competition, short documentary film competition
firstname.lastname@example.org – video-art competition
In the case of sending the link to download the film by e-mail, the link must remain active until 25.02.2018
In the case of sending the data storage device with the film to the festival office by regular mail, the date of postmark determines.
In case the failure to meet the deadline for sending projection copy which is 31.12.2017, the film will be disqualified.
15. Films qualified to the contests can be projected in the following formats:
a) short FICTION film contest and short DOCUMENTARY film contest:
DCP, blu-ray, mp4 HD, mov.
In case of a projection copy on DCP carrier the author is obliged to send the backup copy of the film in mp4 HD format for the promotional purpose.
b) VIDEO-ART contest:
DVD, blu-ray,mp4 HD, mov.
16. Projection in other formats needs an earlier agreement with the organizers.
17. The films qualified to the contests will be evaluated by three independent, professional Jury established by the organizer.
18. The official ending of the festival, announcement of the contests’ results, and the award ceremony will take place on 24.02.2018 (Saturday evening).
19. During the competition (21 – 25.02.2018) hotel (double rooms), board and participation costs in the Festival events for 2 people from each group, whose film has been accepted, will be covered by the organizer.
Full rules and regulations you can find at: http://www.zoomfestival.pl/pods/595_rules-and-regulations-zoom-2018-film-contests