Since 2017 we successfully bring together leaders who shape global cinema and business at its organizations many times a year, the SIFFA Awards (Meetings). We’re bringing to the UK cinema lovers films that they are not able to see anywhere else in this country.
We are registered in the UK and are not funded by any governmental organizations. We exist thank only to friends of SIFFA, any of you could help us to find new friends and supporters because we are a unique film festival that unite representatives of the international film industry, businessmen, the SIFFA valuable sponsors, to promote peace and harmony at these uneasy times from any part of the world with no exception. We are a Diplomatic Film festival as we think no other nowadays.
Our mission is to build cultural bridge across the world; to tell the stories of those countries and to promote the universal appeal of the visual narrative, human experiences and dramatic interpretation; and to impart a powerful message of hope for humankind. We support British and International filmmakers and help them to be discovered by the representatives of the world film industry; we create opportunities for international co-production.
Cinema has the power to change opinions and attitudes, create an atmosphere of harmony and peace and touch people of all ethnicities in a human way that reminds us that there is more that connects us than divides us emotionally, spiritually and culturally.
Within the framework of the festival there is an educational element including presentations and masterclasses and a concert programme.
Join the SIFFA celebration of cinema with your entry and grace us with your presence as we show the rest of the world how to display open minds and hearts of gold on the silver screen.
Festival Prizes and Awards:
The Big Jury awards the IRIDA statue to Main Competition films
• Main Prize - best film (awarded to the film’s producer)
• Special Jury Prize - (awarded per Jury decision)
• Best Director
• Best Actor
• Best Actress
• Best Documentary
• Best Short Film
SIFFA organizing committee and management shall award the following prizes
• President’s Award – Best Film, reflecting the concept of the film festival or the theme of the film festival for the current year (by decision of the Festival President)
• Contribution to world cinema
• Contribution to building bridges between countries and peoples
• Vera Glagoleva prize for the best debut
• Posthumous Award – CELEBRATING LIFE AND HONORING great representatives of world cinema who have left us forever
The International Film Festival SIFFA (hereinafter - Festival) is recognized as an international competitive feature film festival.
Festival Goals and Objectives:
• Promote outstanding films internationally
• Support in establishing partnerships between British filmmakers, as well as Western European film creatives
• Involve Russian and non-Russian filmmakers in depicting Russian society, art and everyday life objectively
• Provide opportunities for emerging filmmakers to participate in international film festivals
• As part of young professionals’ exchange, create conditions conducive to artistic cooperation between British filmmakers, and Western European film creatives
• Support for young talented filmmakers as well as veterans of the Russian filmmaking industry
SIFFA Management shall be the highest body responsible for preparing and holding the Festival (hereinafter - SIFFA Management).
Main Competition; Documentary Competition; Short Film Competition;
Out of Competition Section; Retrospectives; International Film Section. Master Classes. Creative evenings. Exhibitions. Concerts.
Decisions on SIFFA submissions are made by the Selection Committee.
The Committee's official selection decisions for films submitted via Filmfreeway will be posted on the site no later than the Festival's official press-conference date.
Festival screening schedule is determined by SIFFA Management. Each film will be screened during the Festival a maximum of two times, including press screenings.
Competition programs include only feature, short films and documentaries that finished production after November 2021.
Preference is given to world and international premieres.
Submissions to the Festival's competition programs are accepted in quality digital format (file, HDD, USB drive).
Films must be submitted online.
Demonstration copies of the Festival competition films must be in the language of the original and have English-language subtitles if the original language is not English.
Copies of Festival competition films shall be provided to SIFFA Management no later than October 15 2023.
Films shall be in their original format - on 35mm film or in quality digital format (file, HDD, USB drive). For films in the original language and with English-language subtitles quality digital format is preferred (file, HDD, USB drive) if the original language is not English.
The films shall be submitted to SIFFA Management no later than October 15, 2023.
All conditions and deadlines shall be strictly adhered to, otherwise the SIFFA Management reserves the right to exclude the film from the Festival program.
FIlms in the official selection must submit the following documents to SIFFA Management:
• Full text of the film in the original language as well as in one of the following languages: Russian, English;
• Subtitle cue sheet in English;
• Synopsis, marketing materials, press kit;
• Trailer and shots from the film;
• Materials to be included in the catalogue (information about film creators, pictures, including the picture of the director, film slides).
By submitting your film, you agree that the film becomes publicly accessible. SIFFA Management is not responsible for your intellectual property.