Augsburg University welcomes undergraduate students from around Minnesota to the 4th Annual Intercollegiate Film Festival.
The festival recognizes the work of student filmmakers and writers as part of an interconnected statewide film community. The festival provides networking opportunities and juried merit awards of distinction. The festival is juried by professors and industry professionals. Additional support is provided by the Department of Communication Studies, Film, and New Media at Augsburg University and Twin Cities Film Fest.
------ONLY FILMMAKERS IDENTIFIED AS UNDERGRADUATE UNIVERSITY & COLLEGE STUDENTS FROM MINNESOTA CAN SUBMIT TO THIS FESTIVAL.------
Join us for an eventful evening of films, intercollege conversations, and fun. Juried and accepted submissions will be shown at Augsburg University. An awards ceremony will close out the evening, during which we will announce the winners of the festival!
- Free for Augsburg students with waiver code
- $8.00 per entry for students attending other colleges
Best of Show will be automatically programmed in the Twin Cities Film Festival.
Best Narrative, Best Documentary, Best Experimental, Best Animation, and Responsible Filmmaking also receive an industry level membership to TCFF.
Excellence in Responsible Filmmaking will also receive a prize valued at $100.
All winners will receive 1 free film submission to the Twin Cities Film Festival, a medallion from a local artist, and a certificate.
Best of Show
Best Screenplay (Short)
Audience Choice Award
Best Narrative Fiction
Responsible Filmmaking Award**
*The festival reserves the right to not grant awards in all categories if the merits of the work do not rise to standards of expectations.
**Augsburg University educates students to be informed citizens, thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers, and responsible leaders. Students are encouraged to make films with a responsible voice that strives towards excellence in production values and storylines. The Responsible Filmmaking Award goes to the film that demonstrates awareness of the power and impact of cinema, seeks to better society, and is produced with our mission in mind.
Rules & Terms
- You must be an undergraduate student or have completed the work while an undergraduate student, enrolled at Augsburg University or another college/university in Minnesota to submit to this festival.
- If you are an Augsburg University student, you can use the waiver code to submit for free.
- Films and screenplays must be submitted through FilmFreeway before the deadline or they will not be considered.
- You assume and retain the rights to your submission. Screenshots may be used for promotional purposes.
- Your submission should not be one that has been in previous film festivals at Augsburg.
- Work that promotes hate speech, violence, or lewd acts may not be selected.
- Works created must have students in all the primary roles of production (producer, director, cinematographer, sound, editing) Non-students can be credited, but are ineligible for recognition.
- Films should be submitted by the owner of work (producer or director) or faculty member from supporting institution.
- Screenplays should be submitted by the screenwriter or faculty member from supporting institution.
- All copyright clearances are the responsibility of the filmmaker(s).
- All film and screenplay submissions require the names and associated schools of principle crew as well as a synopsis.
- Films should be under 15 minutes in length.
- Regardless of submission category, all accepted films will be considered for all excellence awards.