We suggest that you view your Inland Empire Film Festival (IEFF) submission fee like a professional conference registration fee. Further, that you see your Film's screening with us the same as you would your reading a paper at such a professional conference. This is because since IEFF is actually a short film marketing RETREAT (like in most targeted professional conferences) if you read & follow our Rules and COMPLETE your submission, your Film WILL be Officially Selected.
The Inland Empire Film Festival DIFFERENCE:
> Laser Focused Marketing Strategics for Your Screeening Film
> Learn How To Increase Your Film Festival Selection Percentage & Number
> Direct Sales Brainstorming for Your Particular Film and MORE
Because a film maker does not get much from a film festival that he or she does not attend, our 40 miles from Los Angeles annual gatherings are more short film marketing desert retreats than film festivals!
Further, to even be considered by our Official Selection Committee, submitters must include in their FilmFreeway COVER LETTER proof that they are ready to market their film. That proof includes supplying:
1. The contact person name, phone# and street address of your Film’s Inland Empire shoot location
The name, phone#, his/her title on your Film and Inland Empire street address of the Leader who agrees to attend your Film’s screening plus discuss its marketing plan if your submission is selected
2. The name, his/her title on your Film and street address of your Work’s additional Leader that would attend your Film’s screening (if selected) plus discuss its marketing plan
3. The Film’s IMDb.com URL Address with Poster published therein
4. Your Film’s YouTube publically published under 30 second Commercial
5. A Promise that the Screening Film will not be available to the public (online or otherwise) until after its IEFF screening.
Now also offering the new Entering Hollywood ACTOR INTENSIVE 13 Day Residency as part of this RETREAT, the Inland Empire Film Festival highlights explorations of Regional/Local film makers plus all talent in SoCal job search / employment support http://ActorIntensive.com.
Every Indigenous People's Day Eve, Southern California artists and other Regionally connected film makers gather to explore better exposure of their works in an intimate, informal, pressure FREE luxury housing complex Holiday short film marketing desert RETREAT in Rancho Cucamonga, California USA - America’s fastest growing region.
Starting in 2019 (in addition to its short film screenings and marketing discussions) the Inland Empire Film Festival (IEFF) will continue to host a film PITCH session from which an Idea will be selected for production by Entertainer.Academy. email@Entertainer.Academy for more information.
So come spend a FREE desert weekend with IEFF sharing works and marketing strategies, hanging out at the pool, etc. You might meet your next regional collaborator!
2019 IE TOP MUSIC VIDEO AWARD FINALIST SELECTION CRITERIA FAVORS: World Premieres and Music Videos (MV) That Have Never Before Won An Award.
Every COMPLETE 2019 MV submission will become an Award Semi-Finalist. Plus its LOCAL Resident will receive a formal invitation in the mail encouraging that artist to attend the year’s Inland Empire Film Festival (IEFF) on Indigenous People's Holiday Eve, October 13, 2019.
A different 2019 IEFF Judge selected IE Top Music Video Finalist will screen to open each 2019 Indigenous People’s Day Eve activity session. MV Finalists will be announced October 1, 2019 on the InlandEmpireFilmFestival.com website, by press release, via InlandEmpireFilmFestival.biz 2016, 2017 & 2018 attending list emails and by 2019 IE Top Music Video Finalist telephone message.
With no attendee allowed to vote for their own work, each audience member will create their own criteria in selecting the year’s IE Top Music Video trophy winner.
Annually, each IEFF publically screened film will be awarded a certificate of participation delivered only at the IE Holiday Eve Awards Program.
TOP MOVIE AWARDS
As well, professional entertainment industry judges will select in advance the year's Top Movie in four (4) categories: FAMILY, YOUTH, COMEDY & DRAMA. A mated, framed commemorative Poster will be delivered at the IEFF Awards Program only to the representative of each Winner - even if only one entry qualifies to be in that Category.
Winning films will further be offered streaming distribution on our Inland Empire Films channel. Also, winning production companies will each be offered a submission waiver and special consideration for a single subsequent year IEFF qualified film submission.
Each audience member will create their own criteria in selecting the year’s IEFF Short Film GRAND PRIZE winner.
Annual audience ballots will select a single IEFF publically screened short film that will be awarded a mated, framed commemorative Poster. That winning film will also be offered future streaming distribution on our Inland Empire Films channel. In addition, the GRAND PRIZE winning production company will be offered a single annual IEFF submission waiver and special consideration for its films that qualify during subsequent years of IEFF participation. As well, the attending Regional Leader will later be mailed an engraved Trophy commemorating the Short’s GRAND PRIZE selection. Additionally, this audience selected Film will receive multiple Entertainer.Academy Worldwide film festival submissions, where up to $100.00 in submission fees will be paid. Last years winner received 12 submissions on 3 continents to 5 countries and 5 United States. With a more than 50% selection rate including: Hollywood's famous TCL Chinese 6 Theatre, a tour of schools and a tour of Romania, multiple awards were won from those selections such as the World Film Fair 2018 Best Short Film from screening in New York City's Theatre District.
In identifying the GRAND PRIZE winner, neither of the two Leader attendees will be allowed to vote for their own Film.
In order for a short film to reach final qualification to win Top Movie honors and/or the GRAND PRIZE, its Inland Empire Regional Leader must be present at the IE Holiday Eve Awards Program.
NOTE: All ENTERING HOLLYWOOD ACTOR INTENSIVE Rules & Terms are found in its Category tab
NOTE: All Top Music Video competition Rules & Terms are found in its Category tab
NOTE: The FilmFreeway submission COVER LETTER button becomes available only after the submission is placed into the Cart. Checking to see if your platform has a FilmFreeway COVER LETTER is the first method we use to test to see if a submission is COMPLETE. By far, the majority of IEFF submissions are disqualified because they do not even have a FilmFreeway COVER LETTER attached to their submission. This fact makes Official Selection easy for submitters that do include a COMPLETE FilmFreeway COVER LETTER List.
SUBMISSION CRITERIA for 10-13-19 4th Year Festival
The submission fee in force during the month that the submission is COMPLETED must be paid in order for a submission to be considered for Semi-Finalist selection. Credit will be given for the amount initially paid through FilmFreeway. The remaining submission amount will be due in the mail by check or money order, paid to the order of Walker Entertainer Academy (WEA). This additional payment must arrive in WEA offices prior to the COMPLETED submission being considered for selection.
Inland Empire Regional Resident Rule #1
In the FilmFreeway COVER LETTER the submitter must list the contact person name, phone# and Inland Empire street address of your Film’s Inland Empire shoot location
Supply the name, title on your Film, phone# and street address of at least one (1) Leader who lives, works or has shot in California's Inland Empire that agrees to attend at least your Film’s total Inland Empire Film Festival (IEFF) screening block plus the 2019 IE Holiday Eve Awards Program in order for their film to be screened. (Any submitted film's Leader who supplies proof of having personally attended ANY film festival that is physically located in the Inland Empire, qualify as IEFF Regional Leaders).
A production's Leader is the film's Producer, Screen Writer, Production Director, Director of Photography, Editor and/or Key Cast Member). All submissions must include in its FilmFreeway COVER LETTER that Regional Resident’s name(s), phone#(s), title(s) on the submitted film plus their Inland Empire home or office street address. A submission WILL be disqualified if at least one Inland Empire Regional street address is not supplied in the COVER LETTER.
2. At least one additional Leader of the submitting film's production team must also attend their film’s total IEFF screening block in order for their film to screen. All submissions must also include in its FilmFreeway COVER LETTER that additional Leader's name(s), phone#(s), title(s) in the submitted film plus home or office street address(es). Submissions may be disqualified if this street address is not supplied in the COVER LETTER.
3. PRIOR to submitting, already published must be the applicant's short film www.IMDb.com entry with Poster therein. Submitters may request IEFF assistance in creating their Film’s Industry crediting IMDb page entry. Submitters are required to supply in their COVER LETTER the IMDb URL for their Film. A submission may be disqualified if its IMDb address is not supplied in its COVER LETTER.
4. Prior to submission, listed in the submission's FilmFreeway COVER LETTER must be the URL of the movie's under thirty (30) second Commercial, published publicly on www.YouTube.com. Submitters may request advice on editing the Film’s 30 second Commercial. A submission may be disqualified if its YouTube Commercial URL is not supplied in the COVER LETTER.
5. Starting with the film’s submission date, until October 14, 2019, the submitted short film must be available to the public ONLY through screening at another live, limited number of dates film festival and/or through a code protected www.Vimeo.com online video post. Exceptions to the IEFF public accessibility rule will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please email to us your reason for needing to be such an exception.
6. No verbiage other than the above required five (5) bits of information my be included in the submission's FilmFreeway COVER LETTER. Listing additional information therein might disqualify the submission.
7. The highest quality digital copy available of the applicant's completed under sixteen (16) minute film, its Poster and Commercial must be emailed ONLY through www.WeTransfer.com in order for a film to receive Semi-Finalist selection status. Submissions may become disqualified if IEFF has not received, vie WeTransfer, the submitted film by July 31, 2019.
8. There are no refunds of submission fees.
Selection priority will be given to submission platforms that deliver their film screener vie a code protected Vimeo link. If submitter cannot afford to secure a paid Vimeo account for at least a year, then submitter can request that their film be uploaded to Vimeo through the Entertainer Academy Vimeo account at no cost to the submitter.
Each Officially Selected IEFF film will have devoted to it a separate, unique eighteen (18) minute screening slot that includes a marketing discussion directly after the film is screened. That live discussion must include at least the film’s two (2) attending Leaders. This allows after film viewing discussions to be much fresher and on point, since no one attending has to struggle to remember each work's content.
For 2019, as many as fifteen (15) short films will be screened at the public live event on Indigenous People’s Holiday Eve in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Finally, IEFF Official Selections will be made on a rolling schedule, based on when a particular submission becomes COMPLETE.