Live Screenings, Awards, Feedback and Promotion!
Indiefilmopolis was launched in 2018 as a podcast, concentrating on promoting & reviewing indie shorts and features as well as offering behind the scenes insight into the making of indie films and interviewing up and coming filmmakers and filmmaking professionals.
We are now absolutely delighted to be launching our first live event on February 27th 2022 to publicly showcase new and exciting shorts films, as well as hosting Q&As with attending filmmakers and awards for the winning films screened at the event.
We appreciate that feedback is very important to filmmakers and we know and have experienced first hand the disappointing factor of submitting to film festivals and receiving no further feedback that beyond being selected or not.
For our event, EVERY submission will receive a scoring sheet for their film, marking relevant categories out of 10. This scoring sheet will be sent out once the official selections have been notified. All submissions will receive the scoring sheet whether they are selected for the festival or not.
All submitted films will receive promotion on our Twitter and Instagram pages. Selected and winning films will receive additional promotion with social media leading up to the event and beyond.
All selected films will be reviewed on our podcast and website.
Awards will be given in the following categories chosen by our judges from the official selections, (apart from the Audience Award which will be selected by audience members at the live screening):
1) Best of the Fest (Audience Award)
2) Best Short Film (5-35 mins)
3) Best Micro Short Film (1-5 mins)
4) Best One Minute Film (1 min)
5) Best Comedy
6) Best Drama
7) Best Horror
8) Best Fantasy or Sci-Fi
9) Best Animation
10) Best Documentary
11) Best Music Video
12) Best Mobile Short
13) Best Student Film
14) Best Director
15) Best Writer
16) Best Male Performer
17) Best Female Performer
18) Best Young Performer
19) Best Editing
20) Best Cinematography
21) Best Score
22) Best Sound
Additional and honorary awards may be added based on the submissions.
All winners will receive an award (design TBC).
All nominees and official selections will also receive printable certificates, or they can be collected in person at the event.
All winning, nominated and official selected films will receive custom laurels for use in to promotion.
All winning, nominated and official selected films will receive promotion and listings across our Twitter, Instagram & Facebook pages and website.
- Open to entries from all over the world.
- Only projects submitted on FilmFreeway are considered.
- The submitter MUST own all concerned rights pertaining to the film and has full rights and consents to grant us permission to screen the film publicly at our event.
- In the case of music, submitter MUST have acquired all proper consents and licences to allow public viewing of the film. Selected films containing copyrighted music may have to submit additional proof of authorisation, clearance licences etc.
- All films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English.
- Submitters of selected films will be required to provide their film as a Hi Res Digital File (mp4 or mov) for screening.
- This is a live event. No submissions will be uploaded online in full, however submitters grants us authorisation to include images, extracts of submissions and promotional material for our own promotional purposes, but the project will always be credited.
- Multiple film project entries from the same submitter are accepted.
- Exploitation, grossly indecent or sexually explicit films are not eligible. Additionally propaganda, biased or agenda based films are not eligible either. Please don't submit films of this nature as fees are non-refundable.
- No fee waivers.
- The student concession fee is only applicable to filmmakers that were full time students at the time of making the film.
- All entry fees are non-refundable. Fee will not be reimbursed if the submitter decides to withdraw their submission.
- The submitter of the film hereby warrants that they are authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, regulations, terms & conditions, rules and guidelines before submitting. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless IndieFilmopolis from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.