We’re in middle of a new Indie Boom. It's time for a new kind of festival.
Independent creators everywhere are making groundbreaking work that’s changing the rules. How audiences and industry discover that work is also changing — we watch films on tablets, computers, phones and streaming devices. And properties that have a proven fanbase skip to the head of the line with funders and industry.
So, what if there was a streaming film festival that rewarded you for using your social media skills to grow your audience, which you could take with you into crowdfunding, fundraising, or pitching your next project? Enter IndieBOOM!
IndieBOOM! is an international, independent film festival devoted to the best short films and original content from all over the world. Created by the team at the award winning Art of Brooklyn Film Festival (aobff.org) IndieBOOM! is for short-form work in all genre categories. There are no restrictions on completion date, as long as the entries run no longer than 40 minutes.
We stream online and on the Roku channel of BKOD (brooklynondemand.com) an independent film and media platform with over 20,000 subscribers — and growing.
Our Official Selections are chosen by a panel of industry pros: critics, producers, writers, directors and actors. Then you flex your promo muscles to get eyes on your work.
Audiences choose the winners by watching our selections (which are all 100% free to stream.) We keep track of time viewed, and the most-viewed film in each category (Comedy, Sci-Fi, Doc, Fan Film, etc) wins laurels. (Refreshing a web page over and over won't help you win.) We'll give you social media tools and info to help you promote your film to your network and increase its fanbase. After the festival, films are welcome to stay on our site, which is also a streaming platform, to keep eyes on it all year long.
*** The Selection with the most views overall wins our Fan Favorite Award— and a $500 CASH PRIZE! *** Our jury of industry pros will also acknowledge a standout film with our Jury Prize, regardless of the number of views/votes.
• Every Festival Selection will receive IndieBOOM! Official Selection laurels
• Each Selection with the most views in its category will receive Laurels (Winning Comedy, Winning Drama, Winning Documentary, etc.) and a digital certificate.
• Our panel of Judges will award Jury Prize laurels and a digital certificate to their outstanding Selection of the Festival.
• Our Fan Favorite Selection (most overall views of the Festival) will receive laurels, a digital certificate and a CASH PRIZE of $500!
• All Official Selections of IndieBOOM! will receive the option of remaining on our site and on the free Roku channel of BKOD for as long as they like.
• IndieBOOM! accepts entries of 40 minutes or less in length.
• Narrative films must be in English or have English subtitles.
• You must have ownership rights and/or written permission to submit your Film to IndieBoom!
• If your Film is selected, you allow IndieBOOM! (aka IB) the rights to make the Film available and viewable through mobile applications and desktop applications on computers, mobile devices, tablets, connected televisions, and other media and technology (collectively, “Streaming Services”) including our website and the “Brooklyn On Demand” Roku channel.
• Filmmaker grants to IB the right to display in-video advertising via the Brooklyn On Demand website and Roku channel.
• Filmmaker agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless IB and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) (collectively, “Losses”) incurred as a result of any claim, judgment or proceeding relating to or arising out of: (a) Filmmaker's breach of this Agreement, including of any of the warranties or representations; (b) any adversarial action whereby IB is alleged to have infringed or secondarily infringed on the copyright, trademark, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of another party in connection with the Film whether or not Filmmaker was aware of the potentially infringement and whether or not the Film is actually infringing.
• In connection with this promotion, Filmmaker grants to AoBFF the right to use photographs, film clips, stills, artwork, and the names and likeliness of Filmmaker and the actors appearing in the Film.
• The term of this agreement shall be for the duration of the IndieBOOM! Festival.