Now more than ever before, creators all over the world are making groundbreaking new work — on their own terms!
> How does IndieBoom work?
IB is a media platform designed to help emerging artists attract and engage audiences. Films, series, and videos compete for views. Songs compete for listens. Creators use social media to promote their work, and our content is always free for audiences.
> For short films, series, and videos:
• The selection with the most time viewed in each category (Comedy, Drama, etc.) wins laurels.
• The selection with most time viewed of the festival wins a cash award of $500.
> For music:
• The song with the most plays on our Bandcamp page wins a cash award of $250.
• Our top 5 songs have the option of staying on our site for sale, with the revenue going to their creators.
> For scripts:
• Short scripts in any format or genre, 40 pages max, are eligible
• Scripts may be produced or unproduced. No restrictions on date created.
• Scripts must be written in English
IndieBoom is designed to help artists succeed.
Created by the team at the award winning Art of Brooklyn Film Festival (aobff.org), IB is for everyone everywhere. Whether you're a professional filmmaker with a short you want to expand into a feature, an indie artist making exciting genre or fan tribute works, or an unsigned musician getting your music out there, IndieBoom is for you!
All entries are watched and listened to by a panel of industry pros. A run on IndieBoom works seamlessly alongside crowdfunding campaigns on other platforms, and can direct attention to creator websites and channels... all while building a large, enthusiastic fanbase for you and your work.
Audiences choose the winners by watching and listening to our selections (which are all 100% free.)
What's eligible for IndieBoom?
Films, videos, trailers, and songs in all genres, from any year. Content can already be available online. As long as it runs no longer than 40 minutes, and you created it yourself, it's eligible.
• There are NO restrictions on completion date or online status.
Where can you watch IndieBoom?
• We stream online, and on our free Roku and Fire TV apps, and on Apple TV (via the Vimeo app.)
• Music selections stream on our new Bandcamp page.
After the competition, films are welcome to stay on our site for as long as they want.
Our film winners will stream on Roku and Fire TV for a full year, and our Top 5 songs have the option to stay on our site for sale, with revenue going to their creators.
• Every Official Selection will receive IndieBoom Official Selection laurels
• Each Selection with the most total time streamed in its category will receive Laurels (Winning Comedy, Winning Drama, Winning Documentary, etc.) and a digital certificate.
• Our panel of Judges will award Jury Prize laurels and a digital certificate to their outstanding Selection of the Festival.
• Our Winning selection (most overall views of the Festival) will receive laurels, a digital certificate and a CASH PRIZE of $500!
• All our Winners will stream on our free Roku and Fire TV channels for a full year.
• All Official Selections of IndieBoom have the option of remaining on our website and Vimeo channel for as long as they like. After the festival, we will remove any video upon request of its creator.
• Our most-played song will win a cash prize of $250
• Our top 5 songs can remain on our site for sale, with revenue going to the artist.
• After the festival, we will remove any song upon request of its creator.
• Everyone who enters a script will receive a free webinar from Roadmap Writers
• Top 3 scripts receive a 4-month listing on InkTip Pro
• Winning script receives a package of 3 pitches from Virtual Pitchfest
• IndieBoom accepts entries of 40 minutes or less in length. Trailers to all upcoming/unfinished work are eligible. Scripts may be 40 pages or less.
• Narrative films must be in English or have English subtitles.
• Multiple episodes of a web series may be combined and entered as one film, as long as the total length of the video does not exceed 40 minutes.
• You must have ownership rights and/or written permission to submit your Film or Song to IndieBoom.
• If your work is selected, you allow IndieBoom (aka IB) the rights to make it available and viewable through mobile applications and desktop applications on computers, mobile devices, tablets, connected televisions, and other media and technology (collectively, “Streaming Services”) including our website and our Vimeo, Roku and Fire TV channels and our Bandcamp page.
• Artist agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless IB and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) (collectively, “Losses”) incurred as a result of any claim, judgment or proceeding relating to or arising out of: (a) Filmmaker's breach of this Agreement, including of any of the warranties or representations; (b) any adversarial action whereby IB is alleged to have infringed or secondarily infringed on the copyright, trademark, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of another party in connection with the Film whether or not Filmmaker was aware of the potentially infringement and whether or not the Film is actually infringing.
• In connection with this promotion, Filmmaker grants to IB the right to use photographs, film clips, stills, artwork, and the names and likeliness of Filmmaker and the actors appearing in the Film.
• The term of this agreement shall be for the duration of the IndieBoom Festival.