The India International Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB) will be held over a festival weekend on 18, 19, 20 of September 2020 at the renowned destination of Boston.
The India International Film Festival of Boston will be screening new Indian and international feature-length films, high-quality short films, and talks with industry special guests.
The festival encourages filmmakers from all countries to enter the IIFFB-2019 Film Competition.
From the entertaining to the educational, inspirational to thought-provoking, comedic to ironic, IIFFB will present cinematically amazing Indian and international films.
The festival will consider any film in any genre. The films in any languages other than English should have English subtitles.
So if you’re a filmmaker that creates short films - whether they’re drama, comedy, animated, documentary (e.g. observational, travel, humanitarian, environmental), or experimental (e.g. time-lapse, hyper-lapse and drone) - you're welcome to submit.
Although Only Films made in 2018-19 will be eligible for the awards. The festival prefers to screen recently made films however we will accept older films for screening in a separate section. These films will not be eligible for the competition.
The Official Selections in the festival's short film competitions will be screened publicly, showcasing your films to the widest possible live audience.
NOTE: IF YOUR FILM IS AVAILABLE AT THE NETFLIX, AMAZON PRIME, YOUTUBE, VIMEO, AND DAILY MOTION ETC, THEN, INDIA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL OF BOSTON WILL NOT SCREEN IT DUE TO COPYRIGHT ISSUES AND OTHER LEGAL REASONS.
Awards & Prizes
Best Feature film
Best Short Film
Best Actor (Male)
Best Actor (Female)
Best LGBT film
Best sound design
Best young filmmaker (aged 18-25 years)
Best Music Video/Album
Best Feature - Trophy
Best Short Film - Trophy
Best Actor (Male) - Trophy
Best Actor (Female) -Trophy
Best Dialogue -Trophy
Best Lyricist -Trophy
Best Comedy - Trophy
Best Documentary - Trophy
Best Director - Trophy
Best LGBT movie - Trophy
Best Cinematography - Trophy
Best Editing - Trophy
Best Sound Design - Trophy
Best Young Filmmaker - Trophy
GENERAL AGREEMENT FOR PARTICIPATION IN IIFFB-2020
I have read and accepted the Rules and regulations of BDC-IIFFB 2020. I authorize BDC-IIFFB 2020 to screen my film online to compete for the awards. I certify that I hold necessary rights for the presentation of this film in BDC-IIFFB 2020 and that all rights and permissions have been made. This film is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation. By accepting these conditions, I transfer to BDC-IIFFB 2020 the right to use excerpts of the submitted film, its stills, and trailers, for the purposes of publicity and marketing of the film at the various social networks and on the website of the festival, and for other non-commercial purposes related to the promotion of the festival. I hereby agree to indemnify BDC-IIFFB 2020, in the event that such rights have not been properly transferred.
BDCTV has full right to telecast of films trailers with BDCTV logo on our channel to get eye bowl for IIFFB2020.
By Submitting the film, you agree to our GENERAL AGREEMENT FOR PARTICIPATION IN BDC-Fest 2020 and that you have read our Rules and Regulation.
1. The India International Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB) encourages filmmakers from all countries to enter its short film competition. Films submitted by persons of any race, gender, and sexual orientation and of any belief will be considered.
2. The festival will consider any film in any genre. For example, drama, comedy, documentary (e.g. observational, travel, humanitarian, environmental), animated, or experimental (e.g. time-lapse, hyper-lapse and drone) films are all welcome.
3. Although the festival prefers to screen newer films, all submissions will be considered.
4. You may submit more than one film, but you must complete a separate entry form and pay the entry fee for each film.
5. All non-English films are required to have English subtitles.
6. By entering a film into the festival’s competition you assert that you have the right and authority to accept these Rules and Terms and Conditions and to grant the rights described in these Rules and Terms and Conditions.
7. By entering a film into the festival’s competition you warrant that the film does not infringe any intellectual property rights. This includes the music and lyrics used in the soundtrack as well as dialogue and the text in captions and subtitles.
8. You undertake that all of the performers in the film have consented to the use of their performances.
9. By entering a film into the festival’s competition you agree to grant the festival a non-exclusive right to exhibit the film as part of the festival. A film may be screened on more than one occasion.
10. You also agree that the festival may use all or part of the film for promotional use and any other commercial purpose. You agree to allow the festival to include the film in a compilation and to allow the festival to exhibit the film as part of a subsequent festival tour within the USA.
11. The filmmaker must grant the festival the right to publish the filmmaker’s bio, details of the cast and crew, poster art, frame stills and other details about the film.
12. You also warrant that no part of the film is defamatory, that it does not violate any person’s right of privacy, and that it does not incite racial hatred or vilification.
13. The festival does not pay screening fees for the films that are exhibited.
14. A film entered into the festival’s competition will not be considered unless the appropriate entry fee has been paid. Once a film has been entered, its entry fee will not be refunded.
15. You must be 18 years or older to enter the festival’s competition.
16. The duration of the short films must be 20 minutes or less. This includes the time for the opening titles and end credits.
17. Films must be submitted via the festival’s FilmFreeway listing.
18. The festival will notify filmmakers of the acceptance of their films as official selections by June 30, 2020.
19. All official selections will receive the festival’s Official Selection laurel.
20. Winning films will receive a prize, an IIFFB trophy, the festival’s official Best in Category laurel and an award certificate.
21. An official selection may not be withdrawn after 25 July 2019.
22. Filmmakers who receive an official selection invitation must make a high bit-rate, high-resolution copy of their film available to the festival for public screening as well as a 16:9 frame still and a brief one-sentence tagline.
23. All decisions made by the India International Film Festival of Boston Management Team and the competition jury are final.
24. The laws of the State of Massachusetts, USA will prevail.
25. No travel expenses/reimbursement will be provided by India International Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB-2019)
26. The winners who request trophy to be sent by courier or mail should pay $75.00 for shipping.
27. NOTE: IF YOUR FILM IS AVAILABLE AT THE NETFLIX, AMAZON PRIME, YOUTUBE, VIMEO, AND DAILYMOTION ETC, THEN, INDIA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL OF BOSTON WILL NOT SCREEN IT DUE TO COPYRIGHT ISSUES AND OTHER LEGAL REASONS.
By submitting your film to our festival you agree that your piece of work (trailer or teaser) can be uploaded/embed on our website. The filmmaker/institution that is submitting the film must own the rights to do so and is responsible for the content they are providing to us. By submitting, the filmmaker allows BDCTV-IIFFB 2019 to create a page for their film without infringing the copyright of any kind of form. Filmmakers can make a request to remove the film link at any time.