Ibiza International Film Festival (Ibiza IFF) is an independent cinema event which takes place every spring on the Ibiza Island.
With the slogan The independent spirit, suggested by the Producer Jonathan Debin, this Festival promotes independent productions worldwide. Its award and symbol is the Falcó d'Or, representing an Eleonora's falcon, a species which nests freely on the cliffs of Ibiza and Formentera and which recalls The Maltese Falcon, by John Huston.
An International Jury will select three winners and three runners up.
For more info: https://www.ibizaiff.es/
RULES IBIZA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The eighth edition of the festival will take place in Ibiza from May to October 2019. The Ibiza International Film Festival is a competitive platform where international productions can compete in equal opportunity without distinction due to budget or provenance. The selection is made using guide lines of originality and good execution.
SHORTS: No longer than 25 and no less than 5 minutes.
DOCUMENTARIES: No longer than 40 minutes
MOVIES: No shorter than 45 minutes
PILOT CHAPTERS: No less than 20 and no longer than 90 minutes.
All films will be screened in digital format HD1080 P: 1920 x 1080 px.
Films must have been completed after June 2017.
LANGUAGE AND SUBTITLES.
Selected films should be understood in both Spanish and English. OV in English will require subtitling in Spanish and vice-versa. If the original version is not in one of those two languages dual subtitling will be needed.
Submission fees are available at inscription panel. The festival does not pay screening fees or any other kind of fees.
An International Jury will select winners and runners up.
Award winners agree to mention the festival in all their publicity and press releases, respecting the jury decisions and using the festival logo. This logo is available at festival offices.
In case of misunderstanding the rule of the Spanish text will apply. Participation in the festival implies acceptance of said rules. In the case of conflict, the festival conserves the right to apply FIAPF rules in regard to international cinema. Any modification of the present document upon the original will invalidate it.
PRESENTATION OF FILMS FOR COMPETITION
1. Films will be selected by the festival's selection committees.
2. All distribution or production houses and directors who have legal representation of the films may present them for competition. The festival understands the good faith of those presenting works for competition and understanding that they are responsible for any legal rights attached to said work. Petitioners will be responsible for ensuring that all rights to exhibition and copyright of the presented work are in order and under no circumstances will the organizers of the festival be responsible for said rights.
3. Selected works will be shown in accord with the festival calendar and timetable decided by the festival organizers. Completion of the submission form implies the consent to exhibit the films at the festival and in front of the selection committees.
4. Selected films may not be removed from the festival once selected.
5. Selection committee will inform which films submitted must be subtitled in English or Spanish, or both.
6. Working copies are accepted but must be clearly labeled as such.
7. Those films which do not fulfill the requisites of the dates may be presented out of competition in Silver Screen section, or as Cinema in construction, these categories allowing a special mention by the jury should they deem fit.