Indie Spirit Film Festival Update: June 2021
We are Going Virtual in October 2021!
After a brief hiatus, the festival is now in its 8th year. The return of Indie Spirit Film Festival will take place October 1st – 8th as a Virtual Event via Eventive.
After careful consideration we have decided to proceed with the film festival as a virtual event. Many of our funding sources have gone through major difficulties during the 2020 pandemic. Costs of a live event for 2021 has become prohibitive for our non-profit organization. Eventive, has allowed us to make a smooth transition into the virtual presentation environment.
Benefits of a Virtual Festival:
We can now extend our festival to 8 days instead of 3 allowing us to present more films without time constraints. Also, viewers have the benefit of watching from the comfort of their home with family and friends.
About the Festival:
The Indie Spirit Film Festival is an annual event for filmmakers and film lovers alike, with a superb program of feature films, shorts, in both narrative and documentary formats from around the world. The Indie Spirit Film Festival (ISFF) showcases the work of independent filmmakers amidst the mountainous backdrop of Colorado Springs, Colorado and is about filmmakers, audiences, and film professionals establishing a relationship and supporting independent film.
In the past at our Live events, The festival has quickly become one of Colorado Springs' largest film festivals, with numerous filmmakers and film fans attending screenings, Q&A sessions, filmmaker panels, parties and receptions.
It has been a difficult time for everyone getting through the Covid pandemic. Even though we are finally able to see a light at the end of the tunnel, we are still concerned about any health risks. We are happy that we are able to bring our festival back as a virtual event, and hope that thorough fundraising efforts, we will return as a Live event in 2022.
IFSOC Board of Directors
Awards for Best Feature Film and Short Film for Narrative and Documentary.
Also an Award for Best Young Filmmaker.
In addition there will be over all Audience Awards for Best Feature and Best Short.
1) All films must be digital submissions. .MP4 or .MOV are required. Additional requirements will be specified upon acceptance.
2) All Payments are made via FilmFreeway.
3) All submission fees are non-refundable.
4) NO press materials will be accepted until films have been announced.
5) If your film is accepted, you will receive a notification email from the festival via FilmFreeway. Your acceptance will be conditional on meeting promotional/press kit, informational, and exhibition copy requirements and specifications. Selected filmmakers will receive requirements in their acceptance email.
NOTE: If exhibition films are not submitted in the required format, the festival reserves the right to convert it to an approved format.
6) The Indie Spirit Film Festival reserves the right to use any additional clip or clips from accepted entries, up to three minutes in length, for publicity purposes.
7) There are no restrictions on distribution status. There are no requirements or restrictions for premiere status to submit to the festival. We welcome all films and genres. Films with mature content must indicate such on the submission. Pornography is not permitted under any circumstance; there is a difference between art and pornography. The festival's management has the final say in what is considered inappropriate material.
8) All submission must go through a screening process to qualify for selection.
9) After a film has been selected the filmmakers will be notified and the film will be listed on the festival web site and social media under official selections. You will receive Official selection Laurels via FilmFreeway.
10) All entered films grant Indie Spirit a non exclusive limited use agreement to use film titles or trailers or film posters for festival and film promotional use only including online, print or broadcast media to promote the festival and selected films to the industry and general public. Filmmakers fully retain all rights, title and interest in their films and all intellectual Property.
11) Please direct all questions or requests to the festival staff. Do not contact the venue directly as they are unable to reply to your requests and are not authorized to accept requests or make decisions, or provide venue information in regards to Indie Spirit.
12) Indie Spirit does not accept films with exhibition screening fees.
13) Indie Spirit reserves the right to show all films accepted into the festival at another time following the festival as "best of Indie Spirit" presentation.
ACCEPTANCE OF RULES:
Submitting a signed entry form constitutes full acceptance of the ISFF rules outlined herein and on the entry form. ISFF reserves the right to decide all questions not specifically addressed.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT: