The non-profit IOWA SCRIPTWRITERS ALLIANCE is proud to host the only festival that exclusively showcases Iowa filmmakers!
Any short film is welcome provided the submitter is an Iowa resident who holds one of three credits on the project: WRITER, PRODUCER, or DIRECTOR.
Have your film screened for HUNDREDS, not just TENS of people. Often the smaller festivals may not have a very large turnout for certain time blocks. We only present during one time, one quality theater!
No restrictions on subject or genre. Submissions will be screened by an independent panel of ISA members for suitability and shall be chosen solely at their discretion. No rights or contracts are conveyed by your submission.
Join us October 2018 to see Iowa's greatest short films on the big screen at Flix Brewhouse!
New for 2018! One film will be chosen as "Best of Show" and receive the ISA Quill award.
Judging criteria will place equal emphasis on story as it does on presentation.
All entries receive an ISA membership for the 2018/19 year. Submit early to get a discount!
1. Submit under ONE category that best fits your credit on the film: Writer, Director or Producer. (Only submit your film once, even if you claim all three.)
2. All submissions must have at least one of the required credits held by an Iowa resident and not exceed 30 minutes.
3. Selected films must be sent to us digitally upon notification. Dropbox, Amazon drive or Vimeo download are a convenient way to do this. We do not accept DVD. We request all films be presented in high-definition with picture resolution being no less than 720p.
4.Neither the ISA nor selected venue will be held liable for a Submitter’s failure to meet legal obligations in regard to obtaining rights to music, performances, locations, logos or any other audio or visual element subject to exhibition law.
5. All entries must be either in English or contain English subtitles.
6. The film may be shot anywhere in the world, but must have had principal photography completed in the past 3 years.
7. All project files must be delivered to the organizers by October 1st.
8. Failure to meet these requirement may lead to disqualification and will not receive a refund.
Filmmakers are encouraged to promote themselves and the event independently of ISA efforts. The ISA and selected venue will handle all ticketing needs.