International Road Movie Festival (IRMF) is a 3-day non-competitive film festival to be held from 18th - 20th June 2018 in Pilsen, Czech Republic. We welcome films from around the world, both from emerging storytellers and professional filmmakers.
We encourage submissions from a range of genres including short and student films, documentaries, features, and animations. The festival is particularly interested in road movies that embrace the ideas of adventure, traveling and exploring new cultures.
Location, Location, Location!
The festival takes place in the magnificent industrial area near the river and the historical center of Pilsen, the European Capital of Culture 2015. Pilsen is less than an hour drive from Prague Airport.
Our mission is to draw attention to and raise the profile of films, that celebrate cultural diversity and bring joy and wonder. We believe that a story driven by authentic voice has the power not only to inspire, enlighten and entertain but also to awake new ideas, break boundaries and bring new levels of understanding.
IRMF presents artistically significant films that celebrate human diversity and enrich our understanding of different cultures. IRMF is dedicated to discovering new voices from around the world.
1. Filmmaker of the Year Award. $100 Cash Prize. Given to the best representative of International Road Movie Festival in a given year. Selected by the Artistic Director.
2. Audience Award. Viewers will choose their favorite film from the 2018 International Road Movie Festival.
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR 2018 SUBMISSIONS
The following is an explanation of the Rules and Guidelines governing the submissions of a film to the 2018 International Road Movie Festival (IRMF). Submission of a film implies unconditional acceptance of the Rules & Guidelines. If you have any questions, please contact Ondrej Biba: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. International Road Movie Festival accepts submissions for films in the following categories: Feature, Documentary, Animated, Short (8 - 45 minutes including credits), and Student Film.
2. The Entrant/s submitting the film must hold all legal rights for the submission, as well as all necessary clearances for public exhibition.
3. The Filmmaker/s retain/s all submission and intellectual property rights.
4. Films may be submitted electronically via FilmFreeway OR email.
5. All films must be with English subtitles. Non-English language films without subtitles will not be considered.
6. Filmmakers are allowed to submit more than one film for the Festival provided that each film is submitted separately and meet IRMF guidelines.
7. IRMF reserves the right to use images from films selected in the Festival for marketing purposes.
8. All decisions regarding award winners are considered final and incontestable.