International Road Movie Festival (IRMF) is a 4-day competitive film festival to be held October 14-17, 2020 in Pilsen, Czech Republic.
IRMF welcomes films from around the world, both from emerging storytellers and professional filmmakers. We encourage submissions from a range of genres including features, documentaries, shorts, student films, and animations. The festival is particularly interested in road movies that embrace the ideas of adventure, traveling and exploring new cultures.
The festival takes place in the magnificent industrial area near the river and the historical center of Pilsen, the European Capital of Culture. Pilsen is less than an hour drive from Prague Airport.
IRMF presents artistically significant films that celebrate human diversity and enrich our understanding of different cultures. IRMF is dedicated to discovering new voices from around the world. Sidebar program includes workshops, masterclasses, concerts and (of course) after parties.
Our mission is to draw attention to and raise the profile of films, that celebrate cultural diversity and bring joy and wonder. We believe that a story driven by an authentic voice has the power not only to inspire, enlighten and entertain but also to awake new ideas, break boundaries and bring new levels of understanding.
The 2020 edition of IRMF will present Awards in the following categories:
• FEATURE - Audience Award for Best Feature Film
• DOCUMENTARY - Audience Award for Best Documentary Film
• SHORT - Audience Award for Best Short Film
The Audience Awards are IRMF’s people’s choice awards, and the winners reflect the most popular films at the Festival.
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR 2020 SUBMISSIONS
The following is an explanation of the Rules and Guidelines governing the submissions of a film to the 2020 edition of the International Road Movie Festival (IRMF). Submission of a film implies unconditional acceptance of the Rules & Guidelines. If you have any questions, please contact Ondrej Biba: email@example.com
1. International Road Movie Festival accepts submissions for films in the following categories: Feature, Documentary, Short, Animated, and Student Film.
2. The Entrant/s submitting the film must hold all legal rights for the submission, as well as all necessary clearances for public exhibition. Films selected cannot be withdrawn from the festival program after its announcement. The Filmmaker retains all submission and intellectual property rights.
3. All non-English language films must be subtitled in English. We do accept a pre-screening version of the film without subtitles. However, if your film is selected for the competition we do require English subtitles, (Dialogue list in English; ideally in a form of .srt file with time codes) even if the spoken language is English.
4. Filmmakers are allowed to submit more than one film for the Festival provided that each film is submitted separately and meets IRMF guidelines. The festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
5. The producer of the submitted grants IRMF the rights to: (a) Exhibit the film in the International Road Movie Festival and to be considered as part of the festival regional tour. (b) Include images and a section of the production for promotional purposes.
6. All films screened at 2020 International Road Movie Festival must have been completed within 3 years of the entry closing date.
7. Work in progress or rough cuts: Rough cuts of films will be considered as long as the completed version will be ready by August 10, 2020. If your film is a rough cut, please label it as such and list what needs to be completed.
8. All decisions regarding award winners are considered final and incontestable. The winner is entitled to use of festival laurels on a poster and all marketing material.
9. We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online platforms.
10. Successful applicants to the Festival will be notified through the contact information provided in FilmFreeway. Applicants will be required to submit screening copies and English subtitles with time codes within two (2) weeks of the date of the notice. IRMF does not pay screening fees at this time.