Now entering its third year, Indie-Lincs is an International film festival that champions low and micro budget films, and their filmmakers.
You will not find sequels, remakes or book adaptations here. Our aim is to help the best independent filmmakers from around the world showcase their original work and network successfully with their audience, other filmmakers and the independent film-making community.
We are looking for dynamic, inventive and challenging fiction, documentary and animated films that embody the low and micro budget film-making ethic.
Films will screen in Lincoln on the 17th/18th March, 2017. Sponsored by Lincoln BIG, based at Lincoln Performing Arts Centre, and run in partnership with The School of Film and Media at the University of Lincoln, films will compete for prizes in several categories. These prizes take the form of an 'IMP'.
The Lincoln Imp is the emblem for our city, and resides high up on a stone pillar in the city's magnificent gothic Cathedral. The mischievous Imp is the perfect embodiment of the independent filmmaker's spirit, someone who dares to upset the equilibrium and do things their own way.
Awards & Prizes
The Angry IMP - Prize for most challenging Film
The Big IMP - Prize for best Feature Film
The Little IMP - Prize for best Short Film
The Baby IMP - Prize for best Student Film
Thespian IMP - Prize for best Actor
Rules & Terms
1. All submissions must have been completed after 1st Jan, 2016.
2. We accept films from anywhere in the world providing that they are English language or subtitled in English. No sequels, remakes or novel/book adaptations are accepted - they must be the original work of the filmmakers.
3. All submissions must be narrative films; Fiction, Documentary or Animation - Music videos and Trailers are not accepted.
4. Feature films must exceed 70 minutes (including credits) and embody the micro or low budget film-making ethic.
5. Short films must be no longer than 20 minutes (including credits) and have a budget of £5000 ($7000) or less.
6. Filmmakers may submit more than one film.
7. Entered films must be submitted via FilmFreeway as an online screener - shortlisted filmmakers will be contacted and asked to submit a Digital copy of their film either on a memory stick, or via online transfer for screening purposes.
8. Filmmakers that have been shortlisted will be notified by 31st January.
9. All shortlisted films will be eligible for one of our prizes.
10. Awards will be presented to filmmakers at our closing festival event in March, unless alternative arrangements are made with the winning filmmakers.
11. By submitting your film, you grant Indie-Lincs permission to screen your film, and use your film in whole or in part for archive, non-commercial, or promotional purposes.
12. By submitting your film, you declare that all relevant permissions and copyright for the content of their film is in place. Proof of which may be required should the festival ask for verification.
13. All decisions made by Indie-Lincs regarding shortlisting and awards are final.
14. No premiere status is required in order to screen at Indie-Lincs, but films must not be available publicly.
15. Indie-Lincs do not offer full entry fee waivers because we are committed to the notion of parity for all filmmakers; we keep our entry fees very low because we understand how expensive festivals can be. Every single penny of your entry fee is fed back into our festival costs and all of our staff are unpaid volunteers. We are a 'non-profit' organisation.
16. No fee refunds will be offered under any circumstances. Please make sure that you fully understand the rules & terms listed here before entering your film and paying the entry fee.