Since 2012, the International Academy of Web TV has awarded passionate and innovative creators of original streaming television and series across action, comedy, documentary, drama, educational, hosted and news genres with the globally recognized IAWTV Award. The 7th IAWTV Awards will be held in 2022 as a worldwide event held live online.
Past events have been held at gala ceremonies in Las Vegas and Los Angeles but with COVID numbers persisting and because of the importance of including our international creators we have decided to go virtual this year. But this year's awards will still have a gala feel and will be hosted from different places all around the world.
The IAWTV will recognize the finest creators, cast and crew of web series from around the world. The show itself will recognize the contributions of creative professionals in 30 separate categories that run the gamut of genres and crew positions.
The top finisher among the five nominees in each of the 30 categories will receive an engraved awards statue to commemorate their accomplishment.
Also, winner in Best Primary Category Comedy and Best Primary Category Drama gets automatic entry into TO WebFest.
THESE APPLY TO ALL ENTRANTS REGARDLESS OF CATEGORY - Published September 21, 2021
All entrants are required to accept the following terms and conditions as part of the entry process. The International Academy of Web Television reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or issue binding rules on any matter not included in these terms and conditions as needed. Such decisions shall be final.
1. Every submission must be submitted in one PRIMARY CATEGORY (Best Drama Series, Best Comedy Series, Best Vertical Drama Series, Best Vertical Comedy Series, Best Animated Series, Best Branded Series, Best Children's Series, Best Non-English Series, Best Documentary or Educational Series, Best Pre-Recorded Hosted Series). An entry is flagged as ineligible if the submitter fails to adhere to this rule. After entering PRIMARY CATEGORY you may enter one or multiple submissions in CRAFT CATEGORY.
2. For all categories, only episodes of a digital series that were either completed or released during the defined eligibility period of June 01, 2019 through December 31, 2021 (hereinafter “eligibility period”) are permitted to be entered for consideration in the 2022 IAWTV Awards and only so long as at least 2 or more episodes (from 1 minute to 22 minutes in length) of the digital series were completed or released within the eligibility period. Note that submitters may enter content which has been completed but not yet released to the 2022 IAWTV Awards, but then may not submit the same content to future years’ awards, regardless of eventual release date.
3. Only the owner(s) or authorized representative(s) may enter a submission of original material (may contain licensed content) for consideration. Submitted works must be from a “digital series.”
4. A “digital series” is defined as a series of two (2) or more episodes held together by the same title, trade name or mark, or identifying personality common to all the episodes that initially aired and was distributed anywhere in the world via mobile or the Internet using website technology (e.g., .com, .net, .biz, .org, etc...), or is intended to distribute in such a way as the primary form of distribution. Exclusions from this are works such as previews, trailers, sizzle reels, commercials, any sequences from feature-length films for theatrical distribution or home video release, aired and unaired episodes of established TV series delivered on free network broadcast television, pay television and all forms of cable television, and any unsold traditional TV series pilots. If your series has been re-packaged as a digital feature, it may be eligible, however your entry must contain material only from the original digital series format. Any entry containing content deemed to be from something other than a digital series, shall be subject to disqualification.
5. All submissions and entry fees must be received by 11:59pm PDT on December 11, 2021, unless a revised date is announced by the IAWTV. All submissions must be received and paid for via the FilmFreeway online entry system. There will be no exceptions.
6. Each entrant is responsible for ensuring their entry contains correct information and that there is no technical fault preventing playback online for IAWTV Awards judging. Failure to do so may result in the entry being disqualified without refund if a minimum number of jurors are unable to rate it. Note that our membership is international, and therefore submissions must be viewable in all regions to ensure all members will be able to vote on them.
7. The name, social media and credit details entered under each entry will be published if that entry becomes a finalist and/or winner. Please ensure these details are correct at the time of entry. Personal contact details such as phone and email addresses will be kept confidential.
8. There will be two phases of judging. Phase 1 shall consist of curated teams of jurors for each category, with expertise in the selected category, who are not in conflict with any submission in that category. These jury teams will rate the submission in that category and the combined scores will be used to determine the top five entries in each category. In the event of a tie, there may either be a sixth nominee named, or an additional juror will be assigned to break the tie.
9. Nominees will be announced in early January 2022.
10. Phase 2 voting on the IAWTV Awards is led by a committee selected in majority part by this year’s Jury Chairperson. Phase 2 voting shall commence on January 5, 2022.
11. If in the opinion of the IAWTV none of the entries in any category meets the criterion of excellence, the category may be eliminated. If a category is not awarded due to this condition, no refund will be made.
12. In any instance where there are insufficient entries in a category the entries will not proceed and no award shall be made at the discretion of IAWTV. If no award shall be made because of insufficient entries your entry fee will be refunded.
13. Any entrant wishing to withdraw their submission from the awards should contact email@example.com prior to December 29, 2021.
14. Upon completed submission the entrant hereby grants a non-exclusive license of the entry to the IAWTV to reproduce stills, clips, and/or logos for worldwide promotional usage on the IAWTV Awards website, IAWTV social media including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter, IAWTV affiliate web sites, the Award show web site, online, print and TV advertising creatives, and media coverage.
15. The entrant must declare if the entry is subject to any dispute or litigation with a third party. To make a declaration please email firstname.lastname@example.org
16. The success of the IAWTV Awards relies on complete confidentiality until the winners are publicly announced during the live Awards event which is scheduled to be held February 5, 2022 across social media. All entrants are required to adhere to this condition; failure to do so could result in disqualification. The IAWTV will make all announcements concerning nominees and winners.
17. The IAWTV decisions regarding the IAWTV Awards will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Highlight Reels may be accepted in some categories for consideration instead of an episode, if the submitter feels that is the best way to demonstrate excellence in the category. For example, if a performer appears in several short scenes across multiple episodes, a submitter may want to create a reel of those scenes for consideration. Highlight reels must contain only material from episodes created or broadcast in the qualifying period. Highlight reels must contain material cut directly from the source material in qualifying episodes without further manipulation other than trimming. Enhanced sizzle reels, trailers, montages, or any changes to music, composition, color, or visual effects are not acceptable, and may result in disqualification.
19. The IAWTV reserves the right to withdraw an Award from a winner at a later date without refund if the IAWTV later finds that the entrant did not comply with any of these entry conditions.
20. Winners will be announced at the Awards show in February 2022.