Due to the effects of COVID-19, the 4th Annual Hunter Mountain Film Festival will be an Online Streaming Event on October 23rd 2022.
Best Feature Film $100 prize
Best Director in a feature film
Best Actor in a feature film
Best Actress in a feature film
Best Short Film $50 prize
Best Director in a short film
Best Actor in a short film
Best Actress in a short film
Best Music Video
Best Web Series
Best Student Short Film
The Steve & Carol Vanucchi Award
This award will be given to the filmmaker (whose film has been selected into the festival) who faced adversity and overcame those challenges.
Please submit a min. 100-word essay as to why this person should be awarded. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org in the subject line please put "Vanucchi Award".
The Rising Star Award
This award recognizes a performer (film) whose resume reflects ongoing and exceptional growth while demonstrating significant promise within the scope of the entertainment industry. A successful candidate’s resume embodies a performer whose exceptional work ethic contributes to their success.
Lifetime Achievement Award
The Hunter Mountain Film Festival will be presenting the Lifetime Achievement Award to an individual who has performed an outstanding service and accomplishment spanning a career in TV or Film.
Open to all Filmmakers creatively representing the film community.
Entrance fees are non-refundable
As a condition of entering the Hunter Mountain Film Festival, you hereby certify that:
1. All films not in English must have English subtitles.
2. We don't accept films that are made before 2020.
3. You grant us the right to publish your trailer, film poster on our website and Instagram and Facebook page.
4. By sending your film you confirm that there are no copyright infringements on your behalf, and we take no responsibility in this matter. You are also the sole creators of the film, short, new media, music which you have submitted to the HMFF. You warrant as sole and exclusive owner(s) of all legal right and title thereto have absolute authority to submit the enclosed material to HMFF. You warrant as sole and exclusive owner(s) of all legal right and title thereto have absolute authority to submit the enclosed material to HMFF.
5. We only accept online screeners.
6. By submitting you agree to our terms and conditions. You hereby grant the HMFF the non-exclusive right to use my name, photograph, and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities regarding the HMFF. Your data will never be shared with 3rd parties.
7. I have read, understood and complied with all eligibility requirements of the categories for which I would like this film to be considered and to the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
8. This film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
9. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and its Competition and understand that the Festival holds the right to screen my film for Festival screening and promotional purposes and to extract clips from this film for promotional purposes. I understand this may include online streaming of clips on Festival or Festival sponsor sites.
10. I understand that the Hunter Mountain Film Festival ("Festival") is not responsible for any type of damage to or loss of the print during screenings, at any other time during the course of the Festival, while the film is in the Festival’s possession or while en route to or from the Festival, and I release Hunter Mountain Film Festival ("Festival") from any and all liabilities regarding damage to or loss of the print while en route to/from the Festival or while it is in their possession. You also understand that the HMFF will not return and is not obligated to return my film or any other materials I/we have submitted to the HMFF.
11. In the event the designated party is unable to attend the awards ceremony, I understand that the director and/or producer of the film as listed in the credits of the film shall accept any and all awards in their stead.
12. If selected as a participant in the Festival, television ready media clips of the film must be provided by the date provided on notice of selection if requested. You shall be solely responsible for taking all necessary steps to establish and protect my/our copyright in the submitted material, and the HMFF shall have no obligation with respect thereto. The HMFF shall have the right to reproduce all or part of said material for use in its publicity and any and all related communication directly associated with HMFF.
13. If selected as a participant I will deliver the film in the format requested by the deadline set at the time of acceptance.
14. A film will not be considered in multiple categories. The entrant must select the appropriate category at the time of submission.
15. This film will not be available online publicly until the completion of the 2019 Hunter Mountain Film Festival
16. Short films must be under 40 minutes
Feature Films must be over 40 minutes
Music Videos under 8 minutes.
17. You will indemnify and hold harmless HMFF its judges, sponsors, and partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, or third party claims based on material submitted to HMFF.
18. You have read all of the festival rules, regulations and releases, understand them, and have complied with them. I/we understand that the festival rules, regulations, and releases may change or be updated and that it is my responsibility to read, understand and comply with any changes or updates
19. Entrance Fees are Non-Refundable.
20. Student Films - After and If you are selected you must send us a copy of your current student ID for consideration in notes/ or email along with your name as well as the title of film & director.