The smallest migratory bird in the world can travel up to 500 miles at a time. The energy of a bird inspires us to fly long through the whole world sharing different culture with each other. Recognizing that short film is a unique and valuable art form, the Hummingbird Film Festival aims to seek out original, unusual, and entertaining short films from around the world and make them available to the general public. We are planning to build the festival program with a wide variety of short films, and explore the wonderful world of short films as their own art form. we plan talks, masterclasses to encourage young filmmakers to develop their skills and art and work with different partners who help us create and curate great programs.
The following awards will be given at the 1st Edition of the Hummingbird International Film Festival:
Best Fiction Film Award
Best Video Art Film Award
Best Documentary Film Award
Best Animation Film Award
Best LGBTQ + Section Award
Best Director Award
Best Director Award
Best Script Award
Best Actor Award
Best Editor Award
Best Cinematography Award
By submitting your film into the HUMMINGBIRD INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2021 (HIFF-2021), you expressly acknowledge that you are the rightful authorized person to submit the films and agree that you shall be bound by the following Terms & Conditions:
1. Submission of a film to the HIFF-2021 does not guarantee its selection as nomination/ official selection/ award. All the films submitted to HIFF-2021 will be reviewed by our panel of jury and the announcement of the nominees/ official selections/ winners will be intimated to the individual filmmakers by email as well listed on our website/ social media profiles. Any form of canvassing will lead to the disqualification of the submission at HIFF-2021.
2. The Experimental section encourages the works of video artists and experimentation of audiovisual forms. Any experimentation in Fiction doesn’t qualify the experimental category.
3. All the official selections/ nominees will receive a certificate and laurels. Only the winners chosen by the judges will receive the awards.
4. All the selected nominees/ winners who would be unable the awards ceremony of HIFF-2021 will be contacted by our organizer team to have their certificates/ awards delivered to them.
5. All the submissions must not be longer than 30 min (including credits).
6. All submissions must have English subtitles. Any submission received without English subtitles will be summarily rejected.
7. A filmmaker may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
8. The HIFF-2021 reserves the right to refuse entries.
9. The HIFF-2021 is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules, and regulations.
10. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the HIFF-2021, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred because of any claim involving copyright, trademark,
credits, and publicity.
11. The HIFF-2021 will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the HIFF-2021 festival director or programming director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
12. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified via email, and eventually, the film will be listed on the festival website/ social media profiles under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of the panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
13. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
14. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis, and a screener link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
15. HIFF-2021 may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is the filmmakers’ responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.