Hub City Productions is hosting its first script competition. Submissions will be read and deliberated on by our board of directors and 2 projects will be selected. Those two projects will be given an amount of funding to produce their projects from script to screen and allowed free entry to the 2024 Hub City Film Festival!
2024 Rules and Guidelines
All submissions must adhere to the 2023/2024 Hub City Script Competition Rules & Guidelines.
* Every script submission will receive a complimentary written analysis.
* 2 Winners will be chosen, one winner from the 30 page max category and one winner from the 15 page max category.
* All cash prizes will be required to fill out a Hub City Productions grant form after the winners are announced as well as meet with board directors to discuss plans and production ideas.
* All submissions must be original, and the sole property of the applicant(s).
* Script must be written in industry standard format to be eligible. Please feel free to reach out to Shelby if you need help with this before submitting!
* If your script is over 30 pages please let me know and I will decide based on actual page amount if it is still eligible.
* 15 page max category - Anything under 15 pages is okay! This does not include your title page, so 15 script pages plus a title page is okay!
* 30 page max category - Anything under 30 pages is okay! This does not include your title page, so 30 script pages plus a title page is okay!
* There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit!
* You may submit a script once. You may not submit the same script more than once.
* All script entries must be uploaded in PDF format.
* If a submitted script becomes optioned, produced or purchased between the time of submission and the end of the judging period, that script will no longer be eligible
* Scripts, including outlines, treatments, pitches, log lines or any developmental material related to the script, that has previously won any contest, competition, grant, lab, fellowship, mentorship, reading or award of any kind, are eligible.
Your script is eligible for resubmission. Resubmission allows you to revise your script and resubmit.
* Each entry is considered a stand-alone submission. Your resubmitted script will not replace your original entry.
* Script titles cannot be changed upon resubmission. The author(s) must meet all eligibility requirements.
Submission Deadlines and Fees
* Opening Deadline: July 9th, 2023. Feature $65, Pilot $50, Short $30.
* Early Deadline: August 13th, 2023. Feature $75, Pilot $60, Short $40.
* Regular Deadline: September 17th, 2023. Feature $85, Pilot $70, Short $50.
* Final Deadline: October 29th, 2023. Feature Screenplay $90, Pilot $75, Short $50.
* Late Deadline: December 10th, 2023. Feature $95, Pilot $80, Short $50.
* Resubmission Fee by December 10th, 2023. Feature $65, Pilot $50, Short $30.
* Resubmission Fee by February 18th, 2024. Feature $80, Pilot $65, Short $45.
* Resubmission Deadline is February 18th, 2024.
Competition Results Announcement Schedule
* Finalists will be announced on March 3rd, 2024.
* Winners will be announced on March 31st, 2024.
* Winners will be required to complete our grant form for funding purposes as well as an initial planning meeting as well as frequent meetings/updates on the whole process during production and the editing process.