*OPEN TO ALL HORROR AND THRILLER PROJECTS.
The Filmmatic Horror Screenplay Awards were created to locate and expose up-and-coming horror/thriller screenwriters, as well as to empower and promote those talented writers still waiting for their invitation to the mainstream industry.
Competition is open to feature-length and short works, screenplays and teleplays. All types of horror and thriller projects are eligible. All Finalists and Winners will be announced by 2/15/23. Laurels will be awarded to 100+ Semi-Finalists, 10 Finalists and 1 Overall Winner. See below for prize information.
*Dan Seco, lit manager/partner at Empirical Evidence will guest judge this season, and will also provide our overall winner with a zoom consultation regarding their project and career.
“Hidden screenplays never get produced”…. Enter your work today (carpe diem!).
* $1000 Cash Prize for the Overall Winner
* Lit Manager project/career Consultation for the Overall Winner
* InkTip Script-Listing Packages for all Finalists
* Filmmatic Sundance Networking Event VIP-invites for all Competition Entrants
* Press and Exposure on behalf of each season's Finalists and Winners.
1) Judges, as well as employees of Virtual Pitchfest, InkTIp, Filmmatic.com and other sponsors are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.
2) All scripts must be submitted in English, and entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.
3) All writers' names should be listed in the online entry form, "written by" credits are optional on the script/pilot file itself. By submitting online to the Pitch Now Screenplay Competition, entrant warants that all writers have authorized the submission. If a screenplay is written by multiple authors, all cash and awards will be remitted to the entrant of record, with all proceeds to be divided at the writers' discretion.
4) To enter your script electronically, you must submit in one of the following formats: .PDF (preferred), Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format, or Text.
5) Entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.
6) Entrants of the Competition retain all rights to their screenplays.
7) You may submit your entry and payment either online through FilmFreeway (see homepage) or through Coverfly. No preference will be given to submissions from any particular platform.
8) Entries must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline.
9) Once a script has been entered into competition, we will not accept substitutions or revised drafts. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your script, you must enter it as a new submission.
10) The Competition will not share your screenplay with anyone except the official judges of the competition without prior permission.
11) By entering the Competition, you represent that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people or legal entities. Entrant indemnifies Filmmatic.com and its employees and subsidiaries and holds them harmless from any claims regarding infringement or dissemination of materials.
12) Entry fees are non-refundable.
13) For environmental reasons, we no longer accept hardcopy submissions by mail.
14) Entrants can include author and/or contact information on their entry's cover page at their own discretion, but it is not required.
15) The decisions of the judges are final.
16) The Competition reserves the right to make any necessary changes, postponements, or cancellations to competition scheduling at our discretion. Competition staff reserves the right to substitute any advertised prize for another prize of similar value.
17) Notification of winners and official finalists will be sent by email and posted on our website. It is the responsibility of the winners to redeem any prizes allotted to them by the Competition or our sponsors. Applicants will be responsible for providing current contact information and mailing addresses for prize redemption purposes.
18) Virtual pitch-package and live-pitch access is limited to those production companies and agencies associated with Virtual Pitch Fest and Story Expo (hundreds to choose from). Access to any particular production house/professional is not guaranteed.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRANTS, AND KEEP ON WRITING!