The Hoosier Films Annual Festival celebrates the vibrant and diverse films and filmmakers of Indiana. Each spring, we will screen three days of exclusively Indiana-made films at the historic Buskirk-Chumley Theater in beautiful Bloomington, Indiana. Meet filmmakers from around the state, grow your network, and spark new ideas with potential collaborators. Each morning of the festival, we will host workshops and panels designed to connect filmmakers to regional resources.
Hoosier Films is a multi-platform distribution company exclusive to Indiana-based filmmakers. Distribution through Hoosier Films is neither required nor contingent upon submission to the festival.
*Individual awards are restricted to filmmakers with Indiana ties. To ensure consideration for these awards, please include those connections in your submission application.
- Submitted films must have been completed on or after January 1st, 2019.
- Short films are under 30 minutes, Mid-length films are 30-60 minutes, and feature films are over 60 minutes.
- Films in a language other than English must include English subtitles.
- Films cannot require a screening fee.
Films must meet one of the following criteria to be eligible as an Indiana-based film.
- The writer, director, or producer: was living in Indiana at the time of production; is an Indiana native; received a degree in filmmaking from an Indiana college or university.
- The lead actor (playing the central character - not in an ensemble) was living in Indiana at the time of production.
- The majority of cast/crew was living in Indiana at the time of production.
- A documentary with an exclusively Indiana-based topic.
Each film will be reviewed by a selection committee for its artistic quality. No priority is given to films that overtly portray Indiana. Preference is given to films that meet multiple criteria above.