*We are an IMDB QUALIFYING FILM FESTIVAL!
**Due to COVID 19 we will not have an in-person event** All nominees and winners will be announced and Trophies and Awards will be mailed to the winners!
At The Hollywood South Film Festival we are filmmakers and lovers of cinema plain and simple! We have the passion for film in our hearts, our souls and right down to our southern bones!
The festival was created by filmmakers for filmmakers! We know the struggle, the blood, sweat and tears that you put into your films whether you have $5,000 or $5 million! Founded by Chase Smith, who himself is a passionate Director/Writer/Actor and owner of the independent film production company "Spirit World Productions" , The Hollywood South Film Fest is a labor of love filled for all involved!
This is not an online awards event where you "buy" an award and this is not a stuck up exclusive film festival that shuns those who dare enter without a big budget and an "A-Lister" in your "indie" NO! This is a film festival that welcomes all filmmakers, actors, actresses, and creatives with all of the southern hospitality and warmth of my Mama's kitchen!
We welcome all comers and all films of any budget ,experience or cast level! It doesn't matter if you are just starting out or you have an A-List cast, if you love good films, good music, good food, good times and good people this is the festival for you.
When we made our first film we scraped together less than $5,000 and have fought and clawed our way up to working with bigger budgets, great casts and everything that goes with it along the way and we have a many miles to go still!
In an era where film festivals seem to want to be big bloated cold-hearted events for the elite or online events with no soul, we are determined to bring the best of the fiercely independent, determined and passionate filmmakers to a place they can call home and once again find the love of this big film-making family we are part of! At the Hollywood South Film Festival if your passion for film burns in you the way it does for us, then just like in Mama's kitchen, you have a seat at our table! Come on home!
Our Sponsors are amazing and keep growing!
Mike's Plumbing Hero https://www.facebook.com/MikesPlumbingHero
Spirit World Productions https://www.facebook.com/spiritworldfilms/
Best Horror/Thriller Feature Film
Best Drama Feature Film
Best Comedy Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Music Video
Best Director Feature Film
Best Actor Feature Film
Best Actress Feature Film
Best Cinematography Feature Film
Best Musical Score
Best Supporting Actor - Feature Film
Best Supporting Actress - Feature Film
Best Director Short Film
Best Actor - Short Film
Best Actress - Short Film
Best Ensemble Cast -Feature Film
Outstanding Achievement in Directing or Producing by a Woman
The Homegrown Hero Award
Presented by Mike's Plumbing Hero for the Best Southern Grown Filmmaker/Film
Best of Festival
The Winners of each major category will compete for best of fest
Awarded by Director and Fest Founder Chase Smith
The Spirit World Indie Heart Award
Awarded for the film/filmmaker who bleeds for their cinematic passion!
Celebrity Judge Awards given by our celeb judges in the categories they choose!
Indie Spirit Awards
MORE AWARDS to be added! All awards available for Company Sponsorship!
First- You have to love all things cinema!
Second - Your passion and love better show through!
Third - It's gotta be good!
Now, Y'all come on home!
Entry Requirements and Rules:
1. To be eligible, an entry must have been completed 2014 or after
*****All film entries must be submitted through FilmFreeway to be considered for selection.
2. Fully completed entry form submitted through FilmFreeway with current contact information.
3. Entry Fees must be paid before your project will be considered. You must submit your film to the correct category (please see category guidelines.) and submit the fees for that category.
4. All entries and supporting materials for all deadlines must arrive on or before July 15, 2018
5. Non-English language produced films must be dubbed in English or contain English subtitles.
6. All entry fees are non-refundable.
7. Selected film entries will be notified no later than July 15th 2018 via email and posting on our website.
8. All entrants grant HSFF the right to use an excerpt from any accepted film (not exceeding 3 minutes) for promotional purposes in any and all media, including the festival website.
**** Films which have been broadcast on TV or cable or have had theatrical release prior to HSFF, are not eligible for any competition but may be considered for screening during the festival at the discretion of the festival director.
• Films may only be submitted digitally through FilmFreeway only. Link and Password to fully finished, full resolution project must be provided at time of submission. Links and passwords must remain active until January 15, 2019. ( Please visit the HELP section of FilmFreeway for instructions on how to upload your film.) If you have received notification of acceptance into our festival, you will need to authorize HSFF to download your submission.
• We do not accept unfinished works. What you submit is what will be screened if accepted.
• All Submissions must include a full resolution digital poster one sheet .jpg as well as 2 productions stills from the film
• Deadline fees will be strictly observed. ALL FEES MUST BE PAID before your project will be considered.
• Online submission form must be completed in full when submitting through FilmFreeway. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your online entry form and required entry materials are properly submitted. HSFF reserves the right to disqualify any submission if improperly submitted.
• Your completed entry and selection automatically allows HSFF full rights and licensing to utilize your project’s title, cast and crew info, screen grabs, art work, etc., for promotional uses world wide.
Nominations and Awards:
• Unless HSFF is instructed otherwise, all film entries will be considered for the Hollywood South Trophy and or the Homegrown Hero Trophy (as well as other unique trophies for individual awards)
• Each project accepted into HSFF will be required to provide a clip from the film. The clip must appear in the finished film and be no longer than 2 minutes in length. Clip must be the same resolution as the submitted film. These clips will be used during the Awards Ceremony for the films with nominations.
• Directors/Producers must submit a scene clip for each Actor/Actress they wish to have nominated. The clip must appear in the finished film and be no longer than 2 minutes in length. Clip must be the same resolution as the submitted film.
• Award winners will be selected from the highest rated films that went through a panel of judges, including film industry professionals. Winners agree to participate in the publicity for the Festival as well as other promotional events, including the website. The determination of the winners is final.
• AWARD WINNERS MUST BE PRESENT, OR BE REPRESENTED BY A LEGITIMATE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FILM IN ORDER TO WIN and/or receive TROPHY
• Filmmakers attending the festival are responsible for travel, lodging and all other expenses. - Select Category Nominees may have their lodging provided or provided at a discount as part of their award!
Filmmakers accepted into the HSFF will be entitled to the following:
• Two Filmmaker Badges granting access to
all films, panels and seminars.
Entrance to parties
Entrance to all Industry Networking Events, Etc.
General Entrance to Awards Ceremony
You will have the opportunity to purchase discounted passes and tickets in advance for additional filmmakers, crew, and actors attending the festival with your film.
The number(s), date(s), time(s), and location(s) of the screenings of films are at the discretion of the Festival
Participation in the Hollywood South Film Festival implies understanding and acceptance of all terms included in this application. By submitting your entry, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the General Rules, and to the Terms and Conditions listed.