IMDb qualifier "Hollywood Blood Horror Festival" is a LA International online film festival designed for filmmakers to promote their work through an online platform.
We accept independent projects from horror, gore, sci-fi, fantasy, mystery, dark comedy, thriller, crime, action, adventure, comedy and animated genres, especially low or no-budget ones plus student films.
Each month our judges, watch, review and rate the submitted films. Each round, all submitted projects are featured in "Hollywood Blood Horror Festival" social media (with the publication of synopsis, stills and a trailer/teaser) as part of a general promotional action of indie production.
Before submitting, please read carefully the following:
Every submission can add numerous additional judging categories increasing the chance to become a multi-award-winning. In these cases, the name(s) to be credited should be included in the cover letter.
We are unable to provide a specific review for not- selected films.
All winners receive a digital certificate, ready to print:
Best Feature Film
Best Horror Short
Best Sci-Fi Short
Best Thriller Short
Best Fantasy Short
Best Gore Short
Best Dark Comedy Short
Best Mystery Short
Best Crime Short
Best Action/Adventure/Comedy Short
Best Animated Short
Best Drama Short
Best First Time Director
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Child/Young Actor
Best Child/Young Actress
Best Acting Duo
Best Acting Ensemble
Best Sound Design
Best Original Score
Best Original Screenplay
Best Visual FX
Best Special FX
Best Costume Design
Best Makeup and Hairstyling
Best Special Makeup
Best Production Design
All live-action feature films must be between 41 and 180 minutes in length.
All short films should have a maximum length of 40 minutes.
All projects must be from horror, sci-fi, thriller, fantasy, gore, dark comedy, mystery, crime, action, adventure, comedy, animated and drama genres.
The films must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English).
By submitting the film, the submitter agrees that:
1. "Hollywood Blood Horror Festival" can use trailer/teaser/film poster/stills excerpt for promotional purpose (but do not release, under any form or circumstances, the full film).
2. Entry fees are non-refundable unless they are covered by the submission protection option, according to the Filmfreeway terms.
3. The submitter owns all the rights to the film.
4. The information about the entries can be disclosed to "Hollywood Blood Horror Festival" associated film festivals.
"Hollywood Blood Horror Festival" does not accept the following:
1. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations.
2. Films which are made before 2010.
3. Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, or video resolution less than 720p HD).
For student fee, it is mandatory the student status evidence (e.g. copy of student card included in the project).
The projects that do not follow the rules & terms above can be automatically disqualified at the sole discretion of "Hollywood Blood Horror Festival".