Started in 2004 by OCA-Greater Houston, Houston Asian American Pacific Islander Film Festival (HAAPIFEST) was created to celebrate the AAPI community through edutainment, highlighting AAPI in the entertainment industry and providing a platform for them to share their artistic vision and experiences.
-Grand Jury Prize - Narrative Feature Film
-Grand Jury Prize - Documentary Feature Film
-Grand Jury Prize - Narrative Short Film
-Grand Jury Prize - Documentary Short Film
-Audience Award - Narrative Feature Film
-Audience Award - Documentary Feature Film
-Audience Award - Narrative Short Film
-Audience Award - Documentary Short Film
-Audience Award - Music Video
HAAPIFEST Official Rules
- Shorts are defined as films with a time duration of 30 minutes or less. Features are defined as films with a time duration of over 30 minutes. Submission must fulfill either of the following required criteria:
1. The film/video must either be directed by, produced by, written by or feature an
Asian or Asian American/Pacific Islander and/or
2. The content of the entry must contain material that relates to the Asian or Asian
American/Pacific Islander culture/experience.
- Music videos is our newest award category. The music artist or group featured in the video should be of Asian or Asian American descent. Music videos should be no longer than 10 minutes.
- For both film and music video submissions, entries should have been completed within the last three years.
Please include a press kit with your entry, including (electronic version ONLY):
• Still images (Please provide captions and photo credits for all images)
• Director’s biography/photo
• Director’s filmography
• Director’s statement
• Cast and crew listing
• Trailer (if available)
(If your film is selected, the Festival will also request the following items: posters, video clips.)
The official entry submission deadline is January 31, 2020. Filmmakers selected for the festival will be notified via email by March 6, 2020.