Started in 2004 by OCA-Greater Houston, Houston Asian American Pacific Islander Film Festival (HAAPIFEST) was created to celebrate the AAPI community through edutainment, highlighting AAPI in the entertainment industry and providing a platform for them to share their artistic vision and experiences.
-Grand Jury Prize - Narrative Feature Film
-Grand Jury Prize - Documentary Feature Film
-Grand Jury Prize - Narrative Short Film
-Grand Jury Prize - Documentary Short Film
-Audience Award - Narrative Feature Film
-Audience Award - Documentary Feature Film
-Audience Award - Narrative Short Film
-Audience Award - Documentary Short Film
HAAPIFEST Official Rules
- Shorts are defined as films with a time duration of 30 minutes or less. Features are defined as films with a time duration of over 30 minutes. Submission must fulfill either of the following required criteria:
1. The film/video must either be directed by, produced by, written by or feature an
Asian or Asian American/Pacific Islander and/or
2. The content of the entry must contain material that relates to the Asian or Asian
American/Pacific Islander culture/experience.
- All submission entries should have been completed within the last three years.
Please include a press kit with your entry, including (electronic version ONLY):
• Still images (Please provide captions and photo credits for all images)
• Director’s biography/photo
• Director’s filmography
• Director’s statement
• Cast and crew listing
• Trailer (if available)
(If your film is selected, the Festival will also request the following items: posters, video clips.)
The official entry submission deadline is January 31, 2020. Filmmakers selected for the festival will be notified via email by March 6, 2020.