Greenwich Village Film Festival celebrates Greenwich Village as a physical place, as one of the most photogenic neighborhoods of New York City.
But, more important, as a creative state of mind born in a specific location that gathered like-minded people together to stimulate individual and collaborative artistic expression.
Our mission is to honor and keep alive this sense of community and creative environment by discovering and bringing together new independent artists and their work.
Awards for the best in each category will be given at the festival closing ceremony.
Award: Golden Arch, a certificate of achievement, recognition on the website and social media.
Best Short Film
Best Short Documentary
Best Greenwich Village Portrait (any video shot in G.V. with a runtime of 20 minutes or less)
Best Animated Short Film
Other prizes as they become available: TBA
This festival is to showcase the work of new and upcoming independent filmmakers, both American and international, who produce independent short films and short documentaries, with a special sensibility for those that explore individual and collaborative artistic expression, and sense of community.
A special category is also established to tribute those films under 20 minutes that are about, or that have been shot, in Greenwich Village, NYC.
- Foreign language films must be with English subtitles.
- Films selected for screening will be notified on or around October 10th, 2020.
- Entry Fee paid through FilmFreeway. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- All accepted films may be screened more than once, and are scheduled at the discretion of the Greenwich Village Film Festival staff.
- It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted material that may be used in the film.
- GVFF is held harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, or screening of any film.
- GVFF does not pay screening fees or guarantee travel for filmmakers.
AGREEMENT: I allow the festival to showcase your work at the festival venue. I grant permission for the festival to use excerpts of each submitted film, not to exceed 3 minutes, for promotional purposes is considered granted on submission, unless otherwise noted. I affirm that the information above and on the previous pages is correct, that I have read, understood, and do hereby agree to be bound by the festival regulations as described herein and that I have the legal right to represent and to submit this film to the Greenwich Village Film Festival. Music rights and all copyright clearances are the sole responsibility of the filmmaker. GVFF will not be held responsible for any legal disputes regarding the exhibition of this film. Submitting a film for consideration does not guarantee inclusion in the 2020 GVFF line up. Noncompliance with form may affect, delay, and/or disqualify your entry. Participation in Greenwich Village Film Festival implies understanding and acceptance of above regulations and requirements of this application.