Calling all to the 2021 Green Apple Video Competition! To participate, students must create a microdocumentary on the subject of “Food – Water – Waste:
Resilient Community Solutions”. Submissions can be up to three minutes in length. Students and professional living in the San Joaquin Valley are eligible to enter the competition.
The videos will also be highlighted on the CMAC channel and on social media.
Submissions will open April 1st, 2021. Deadline for entries is Friday, May 14th, 2021 by 6pm.
To enter, follow these instructions:
Each video entry must address the subject of Food – Water - Waste. Use creativity to fit it into your story and pick that which works with your video's design and tone. Videos can be life action video, animation, or timed PowerPoints.
Examples for topics each microdocumentary could address:
• Water conservation
• Food production and contributions to community resiliency
• Community gardens, edible gardens
• Green Spaces
• Food Waste Composting
• Greywater recovery
When making your video, make sure it connects to the overarching topics and educates the community!
Connecting the concepts of food, water and waste gives extra points. Make sure to fact check your claims and cite it in your video.
Winners win CMAC memberships and access to high quality camera equipment, classes and recording facilities.
1. Each entrant must be a student currently living in the San Joaquin Valley.
a. Admissions of professionals currently working in the San Joaquin Valley are also accepted for the Professionals category.
2. Each student may only enter once. Team submissions of up to 4 team members allowed.
3. Video can be up to 3 minutes long.
4. All entries must follow the Creative Challenge above.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Make an awesome video, following the contest guidelines and shooting requirements.
2. Upload the link to https://filmfreeway.com/GreenAppleVideoCompetition.
3. Share on social media with Hashtag #GAVC
4. Deadline for submission of videos is May 14, 2020. Late submittals will not be accepted.
Films will be judged by a panel of independent judges on the following:
a) Script and Story, including approach to the creative challenge
b) Production Value
c) Design, including graphics, special effects, production design, sets, costumes, etc.
d) Overall Impact