One of the longest running film festivals of its kind worldwide. It is a short film festival open to non-professional productions, film school students as well as commercial productions. It is held annually during the last week of November.
Organised by the Malta Cine Circle
The award consists of a 10 inc (26 cm.) gold plated statuette.
GOLDEN KNIGHT AWARD WINNERS 2020 - OFFICIAL RESULTS
- ANGEL FALLS - by Tom Lincoln - United Kingdom
- CONSOLATION - by Lina Asadullina – Russian Federation
- THE IMPORTANT DAY - Olesia Aleinikova – Russian Federation
- THE ABANDONED BLOCK - by James Bourne – Canada
- ÜBERFROG - by Tuomas Kurtakko - Finland
The following productions were awarded a
HIGHLY COMMENDED CERTIFICATE by the Festival Jury
- ANY OTHER DAY – SISTER by Savo Cubrilovic – Germany
- FOODS FOR COPING - by Zoey Zhao – New Zealand
- I’LL END UP IN JAIL - by Alexandre Dostie – Canada
Visit the facebook page for further updates.
Due to the Covid-19 restrictions and health crisis, the presentation of awards and Golden Knight winners of 2020 will be taking place online, we will be providing the URL link close to the event date, which is planned for some time towards the end of January 2021.
1. The Golden Knight Malta International Short Film Festival is
organized by the Malta Cine Circle and is open to non-commercial,
film school students and commercial productions.
2. Entries are not to exceed 30 minutes duration
3. Only one production may be registered on each submission.
Each Video clip/disc must contain only one entry.
4. Productions entered in previous Golden Knight Festivals are not eligible to participate.
5. The Organizers solely recognize as the entrant the signatory of the Entry Form.
6. Entries must not have indications of previous awards or of
merits pertaining to the production.
7. Limited inserts from commercial productions are allowed, if, in
the opinion of the judges, these are directly relevant to the development
of the script.
8. If dialogue is not in English language, (if in a language other
than English), It is expected that English burn-in subtitles are included.
9. The productions, together with their copyright, remain the property of the producers. The Organizers, however, reserve the right to exhibit the entry to the public for publicity purposes of the Festival and to make copies for the archives.
10. Copyright clearance is the responsibility of the Entrant.
11. The Organizers will appoint a panel of judges whose decision is
final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Any attempt by the entrant, directly or indirectly, to influence the organizers towards a favourable assessment of their production will disqualify the entry.
13. All entries will be handled with extreme care, however, the Organisers will not accept any liability for the loss of or damage to the media/DVD's etc.
14. The decision of the Organizers, as to the interpretation of these rules, is final.
15. Closing Dates: Entry Forms, video clips /DVD's, etc.. are to reach the Festival Secretary by not later than the Regular Deadline, 30th September 2021.
Due to the Covid-19 restrictions and health crisis, the presentation of awards and winners of 2020 will be taking place online, we will be providing the URL link for the video stream in FilmFreeway close to the event date, which is planned for some time towards the end of January 2021.
Festival Chairman: Vincent Lungaro-Mifsud
Phone: +356 27418387 | +356 9946 0866
Festival Secretary : Edgar Ciancio
Phone: +356 9947 2513
The Malta Cine Circle – c/o The Festival Secretary
PO Box 450 GPO Marsa MRS 1000 – MALTA
Organised by the Malta Cine Circle