One of the longest running film festivals of its kind worldwide. It is a short film festival open to non-professional productions, film school students as well as commercial productions. It is held annually during the last week of November.
Organized by the Malta Cine Circle
The award consists of a 10 inc (26 cm.) gold plated statuette.
1. The Golden Knight Malta International Short Film Festival is organized by the Malta Cine Circle and is open to non-commercial, film school students and commercial productions
2. Entries are not to exceed 30 minutes duration
3. Only one production may be registered on each Entry Form.
Each Video clip /cassette /disc must contain only one entry.
4. Productions entered in previous Golden Knight Festivals are not eligible to participate.
5. Each production must be registered on the appropriate entry form (or copy) .
6. The Organizers solely recognize as the entrant the signatory of the Entry Form.
7. Entries must not have indications of previous awards or of merits pertaining to the production.
8. Limited inserts from commercial productions are allowed, if, in the opinion of the judges, these are directly relevant to the development of the script.
9. It is expected that ‘Tones’ and ‘Colour Bars’ are included.
10. The productions, together with their copyright, remain the property of the producers. The Organizers, however, reserve the right to exhibit the entry to the public for publicity purposes of the Festival and to make copies for the archives.
11. Copyright clearance is the responsibility of the Entrant.
12. The Organizers will appoint a panel of judges whose decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. All entries will be handled with extreme care however, the Organizers will not accept any liability for the loss of or damage to the films/dvd’s etc.
14. The decision of the Organizers, as to the interpretation of these rules, is final.
15. Closing Dates: Entry Forms, and video clips / cassettes /dvd’s are to reach the Festival Secretary by not later than the extended deadline 21st. October, 2018.
The Regular Deadline submission fee of $17.00 is applicable for each entry.
The Extended Deadline submission fee of $24.00 is applicable for each entry.
The submission fee is non-refundable.
Festival Chairman: Vincent Lungaro-Mifsud
Phone: +356 27418387 | +356 9946 0866
Festival Secretary : Edgar Ciancio
Phone: +356 9947 2513
The Malta Cine Circle – c/o The Festival Secretary
PO Box 450 GPO Marsa MRS 1000 – MALTA
Organised by the Malta Cine Circle