GOLDEN HARVEST FILM FESTIVAL
is a hybrid (online and in-person) film awarding ceremony dedicated to the promotion of independent filmmakers from all over the world, in association with the International Film Festival Community (IFFC) established in Tokyo in 2020 under this COVID-19 paradigm shift.
We aim to celebrate independent films with any genre or any duration, by selecting and awarding the artistry and creativity of independent filmmakers from all over the world, which is likened to “Golden Harvest”.
As we ourselves are also filmmakers and understand how hard it is to make a film, unlike other film festivals, we officially select most of the submitted films, appreciating the time, work and effort you have taken, except for those we deem overly violent, abusive, thoughtless or outrageous without the respect for human rights or animal rights.
Our independent jury evaluates the officially selected films and the award winners will be decided according to the evaluations thereby. We give an award to those rated by our jury higher than a certain mark since the purpose of our film festival is to promote indie filmmakers and we do not like to limit qualified filmmakers’ award opportunity by winner-take-all competition. We hold an annual online and in-person screening for chosen award winners in spring.
All the films compliant to our human / animal right standard will be included in Official Selection.
• Best Short Film
• Best Feature Film
• Best Documentary Film
• Best Animation Film
• Best Drama
• Best Comedy
• Best Thriller
• Best Sci-Fi
• Best Action
• Best Experimental
• Best Music Video
• Jury Special Award
• Honorable Mention
- Golden Harvest Trophy (crystal, costs $200 + shipment)
- Golden Harvest Certificate (soft copy: free)
- Festival Distributions (with our International Film Festival Community partners)
- Free Social Platform Advertisements
- Marketing Communication Support (only for feature films)
- All the films compliant to our human / animal right standard will be included in Official Selection.
- All genres and durations are accepted.
- Anyone from any country or as any status (filmmaker, student or distributor) can submit.
- We do not set age limitation of film.
- You must have all the proper clearances and rights to submit your film.
- Those which we deem overly violent, abusive, thoughtless or outrageous without the respect for human rights or animal rights will be disqualified.
- Those which we deem obscene or overly sexual will be disqualified.
- Those which we deem overly religious or political propaganda will be disqualified.
- Films in non-English languages must have English subtitles.
- All the rights related to the submitted film must belong to the applicant.
- We only accept online screeners via FilmFreeway for the selection process.
- Judging decisions are final and applicants will not receive judging comments.
- By submitting, you agree to allow us to use the materials such as trailers, posters, images etc for the purpose of advertising your film and our events, and to share them with our partner festivals for promotional purposes.
- Submissions are deemed to be offers for screening. If we choose one for screening, that is the acceptance which forms a mutual agreement to screen unless it is withdrawn explicitly.
- Once officially selected, it cannot be withdrawn from the festival program during the event.
- All the paid fees are non-refundable for any reasons.
- Withdrawn films are considered to be disqualified.
- All the shipping costs of the award winning film, if any, must be borne by the applicant.
- Still photos and a brief synopsis (and a poster and a trailer if possible) should be added to the project for the film’s promotional purpose.
- We will send your digital winner certificate free of charge.
- If you would like your Golden Harvest Trophy (crystal), we will send it to you for $200 and shipment.
- The person(s) or the company submitting a film shall indemnify and hold harmless Golden Harvest Film Festival and its agents and associates from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to any projects and/or materials submitted to Golden Harvest Film Festival.
- The person(s) or the company submitting a film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
- We reserve the right to add, modify, or discard rules and terms, if needed, as needed, at any time, at its sole discretion, with or without notification.