The Georgia Shorts Film Festival is a theatrical screening event in Atlanta for independent films of all genres. The Georgia Shorts Film Festival also recognizes exceptional filmmaking and screenwriting with awards and nominations by our judging panel.
Script writers, in addition to submitting your script to the festival we also provide optional script coverage. Script coverage with our festival includes the price of your submission fee. Your work will be analyzed by a Cinema Life filmmaker who’s produced award winning films, has extensive writing experience, and also understands the indie way of filmmaking.
Our panel of judges will give awards to filmmakers including:
Best Action Film
Best Animated Short Film
Best Drama Film
Best Documentary Film
Best Comedy Film
Best Dark Comedy
Best International Film
Best Georgia Film
Best Horror Film
Best Music Video
Best Horror Film Screenplay
Best Feature Length Comedy Film Screenplay
Best Short Drama Film Screenplay
Best Short Comedy Film Screenplay
Best Feature Length Drama Film Screenplay
Best Science Fiction Screenplay
Best International Screenplay
Best Dark Comedy Film Screenplay
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
• Please fully fill out your submission profile to avoid hold-ups in the judging process. Points may be taken off of overall scores for incomplete profiles.
****Submission Fees are Non- Refundable****
• If you submit a Film in process and it gets selected, please notice we expect it to be completed within two weeks after the Notification Date. Otherwise, it will be disqualified. No exceptions. It is every submitter's responsibility to read the Rules and Terms of each Festival before submitting.
• If your film is selected you are not to submit any other updated, altered version of your film. If you send a film that is different from or longer than what was initially selected by the festival judging team, your film may be disqualified to the discretion of the festival director.
• If your film is selected, you are expected to provide a link to download your film so that we can project it at the festival. Only Google Drive and Dropbox are accepted. You can also make your film downloadable on FilmFreeway or Vimeo.
• All films must be under 4GB and 1080HD Max in either MP4 or MOV format.
• We do not accept DCP files.
• We do not screen 720p or SD Files.
• We do not stream from YouTube or Vimeo at the event.
• The Georgia Shorts Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival and for promotional purposes on our website, newsletter, and social media platforms. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless The Georgia Shorts Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
• The Georgia Shorts Film Festival DOES NOT offer refunds on submissions.
• We reserve the right to deny entry or disqualify any project, at the discretion of festival leadership, for any reason.