GIFF.Docu is a separate area of the GIFF festival. It accepts entries from documentary filmmakers from all over the world. The main task of the festival is to tell stories about people from different parts of the world and combine them into a common picture of the world.
Our goal is to create a community of documentary filmmakers from different countries, to collaborate and share experiences.
To promote talented authors, we connect them with film screening platforms, streaming services and TV channels. We invite the best participants to the festival jury to create a logical continuity between seasons of the festival, as well as to develop and promote the festival on the world stage.
▸ The main task of the festival is to tell stories about people from different parts of the world and combine them into a common picture of the world.
🏆 Lives of the Distinguished People:
film portraits based on the biographies of people who have made significant contributions to the culture and art history.
🏆 A Hero of Our Time:
stories about people who shape modern society.
🏆 Man with a Movie Camera:
experimental documentary films focused on the evolution of modern cinematic language.
author's documentary works with elements of self-portrait, created for blogs and social media.
🏆 One day in the life:
documentaries limited to the events of one or two days.
🏆 Own among strangers:
stories about travelers and people exploring the world.
1. All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
2. There is entry fee required. Festival participation fees are non-refundable.
3. Work duration criteria:
- documentaries must be no longer than 120 minutes;
4. Selected films will be required to submit a high-resolution file of the project. To submit films for consideration to the Film Selection Committee fill out the online entry form and upload the film.
Accepted formats for visual artwork: .mp4 files, Vimeo/YouTube links, dropbox links or any cloud storage link.
5. All producers and/or directors who own the rights to the film they are submitting are eligible for competition.
6. Each filmmaker or producer may submit as many films as desired. An entry form for each work must be submitted.
7. If selected, participants will be notified via email in order to continue in the competition.
8. Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations
9. By submitting an application to us, you give us the right to show your film online and also in front of a live audience. Not all nominated films will be screened.
By submitting, the individual or corporation submitting the project hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the project for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.