GIFF.DEBUTS is a standalone direction of the GIFF festival. It accepts entries from students and debutants in the world of filmmaking.
The winners of GIFF.DEBUTS will be shortlisted for the main GIFF festival and screened at the final screening.
Our goal is to create a community of students from different film schools to communicate, collaborate and share their experiences. We also give the chance for emerging filmmakers to show their work to established industry creators. And we give experienced professionals the opportunity to find young talents for collaboration.
Winners will receive diplomas, laurels, customized statuettes or other prizes (depending on the nomination). The best debut/student film will be shortlisted for the main GIFF festival (https://genesisfilmfestival.com).
▸ SHORT FILMS (30 min. max)
🥇 Best Short Film – Grand prix
🏆 Best Short Film – Drama
🏆 Best Short Film – Comedy
🏆 Best Short Film – Animation
🏆 Best Short Film – Experimental
🏆 Best Short Film – Arthouse / Indie film
🏆 Best Short Film – Fantasy
🏆🚀 Best Short Film – Sci-fi (science fiction) - Organizer award
🎬 Best Director
🙍♀️ Best Actress
🙎♂️ Best Actor
🎥 Best Cinematographer
🎞️ Best Editing
🎼 Best Music or Score (Soundtrack, OST)
🏅 Best Visual Effects (VFX) - Organizer award
📝 Best Short Screenplay (filmed)
1. All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
2. There is entry fee required. Festival participation fees are non-refundable.
3. Work duration criteria:
- short films must be no longer than 30 minutes;
- documentaries must be no longer than 120 minutes;
- scripts must be no longer than 140 pages.
4. Selected films will be required to submit a high-resolution file of the project. To submit films for consideration to the Film Selection Committee fill out the online entry form and upload the film.
Accepted formats for visual artwork: .mp4 files, Vimeo/YouTube links, dropbox links or any cloud storage link.
5. All producers and/or directors who own the rights to the film they are submitting are eligible for competition.
6. Each filmmaker or producer may submit as many films as desired. An entry form for each work must be submitted.
7. If selected, participants will be notified via email in order to continue in the competition.
8. Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations
9. By submitting an application to us, you give us the right to show your film online and also in front of a live audience in Moscow, Russia. Not all nominated films will be screened.
By submitting, the individual or corporation submitting the project hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the project for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.