Do you have what it take to create a cinematic masterpiece in 48 hours? For the past 12 years Film Gainesville has hosted this premier event. Competitors have 48 hours to shoot, edit, score and post a 3 to 5 minute short film based on a blind topic, line of dialogue and prop. Filmmakers will have 48 hours to create a 3 to 5 minute film.
$2,500 in cash prizes and awards for the top three of each category and best in show.
Teams of up to 5 people will compete to create the best film in the following categories: Student, General/Pro and Best in Show
On Feb 3rd, 2023 at the kick off event, teams will be given a topic, line of dialog and a prop that must be used in the film. Teams will be judged on the creative use of random elements. Kick off event will be at SANTA FE COLLEGE’S newly renovated E Building auditorium space (The Lyceum) on Feb 16th 2023.
- Read the RULES & FAQ (see below) and make sure you understand what the requirements are for a successful entry into the Gainesville 48 Hour Film Competition.
- Teams should set up a FilmFreeway.com profile in the name of your lead contact or team name. Then set up a project to submit in your TEAM NAME.
- Provide contact details for at least one team member including phone and email address.
- Select Gainesville 48 Hour Film Competition from the list of festivals on FilmFreeway.com and start the submission process which will register your team in the competition. Make sure you submit your project with your TEAM NAME as its title.
- You should pay the entry fee and provide contact details for the lead team member.
- Once you have received the ‘acceptance email’ your participation in the challenge is confirmed.
- The initial submission and registration process must be completed before the start of the competition weekend start line after which we will longer accept applicants for the competition.
- *To sign up prior to the start of the event, submit a video of at least one of the members of the team stating the following “I (insert name) understand the rules and regulations of the Gainesville 48 Hour Film Competition and I consent to the showing of our film.”
- Make your film over the competition weekend and complete the submissions process by uploading your film and follow the instructions on FilmFreeway.com.
- You should then receive an email confirming your film has been accepted for the competition in the next couple of days.
* Use the same upload process to send your actual film for the competition.