2022 GTX FILM FESTIVAL
Held in beautiful Georgetown, Texas, the GTX FILM FESTIVAL promotes independent films and artists in our community, across the United States, and abroad.
GTX FILM's staff and judges are comprised of industry professionals, as well as members of our local creative community. As a whole, we are committed to the independent filmmaker, and to provide them an opportunity to share and showcase their work to a broad audience.
Georgetown, Texas is just 30 miles north of Austin. While attending the festival, you can enjoy shopping, dining, music, and local hospitality on The Most Beautiful Town Square in Texas.
Best Narrative Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best Documentary Feature
Best Mobile Short
Best Foreign Film
Best Foreign Short
Best Student Film
Best Student Short
Best Youth Short
2022 GTX FILM FESTIVAL SUBMISSION RULES
FEATURE FILM SUBMISSION RULES
- must be over 40 minutes in length.
SHORT FILM SUBMISSION RULES
- must be under 40 minutes in length
MOBILE SHORT FILM SUBMISSION RULES
- must be under 30 minutes in length
RULES TO SUBMITTING A FOREIGN FILM OR SHORT
- Filmmakers who reside outside of North America (United States and Canada) are eligible to submit.
- Films must be created outside of North America.
- Submitted films must be dubbed or subtitled in English.
RULES TO SUBMITTING A STUDENT FILM OR SHORT
- Filmmakers who are age 25 and under, and enrolled in grade school or college for the full 2021-22 academic year are eligible to submit.
RULES TO SUBMITTING A YOUTH SHORT
- Filmmakers who are age 17 and under, and enrolled in grade school for the full 2021-22 academic year are eligible to submit.
- Films must be under 10 minutes in length.
- LIMIT of 2 submission for this FREE category.
ORIGINALITY AND PERMISSIONS
1. We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished as we will judge each submission as a completed work, whether it is or not.
Once a film is entered, we will not update the submission with a more recent cut.
Should the film be accepted to play during the Festival, the filmmaker will have the opportunity to supply the Festival with their most recent version.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. GTXFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
1. GTXFF reserves the right to switch the entry category or otherwise assign a category to fit programming needs and interests, and films will not be penalized for the original submission selection.
2. All films must be submitted online through FilmFreeway.
3. All foreign Submissions must be dubbed or subtitled in English.
4. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by GTXFF in connection with the dispute.
PLEASE NOTE: GTX Film Festival does NOT waive entry fees.
5. Online screeners and posters are mandatory and must be uploaded to FilmFreeway’s site.
SELECTED FILMS AND WINNERS
1. GTXFF has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
2. GTXFF explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by GTXFF or by its volunteers.
3. Selected films will be announced in July 2022. The judges’ decisions are final.