2020 GTX FILM FESTIVAL
GTX FILM FESTIVAL, GTXFF, stresses good visual storytelling and will focus on the basics of filmmaking—photography, directing, producing and editing—and how well these elements are executed in the film.
The mission of GTX Film is to inform and educate professional and aspiring artists on various aspects of and how to navigate the moving image industry to further their creative pursuits.
The festival is located in Georgetown, Texas, just 30 miles north of Austin. While attending the festival, people can enjoy shopping and dining in The Most Beautiful Town Square in Texas.
Best Narrative Feature Film
Best Narrative Short Film
Best Documentary Film
Best Animated Short Film
Best Mobile Film
Best Texas-Made Film
Originality and Permissions
1. We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished and will judge each submission as a completed work, whether it is or not. Once a film is entered, we will not update the submission with a more recent cut. However, because GTXFF focuses on how well the film is produced, minor technical changes will not affect the final decision of any film. Should the film be accepted to play during the Festival, the filmmaker will have the opportunity to supply the Festival with their most recent version.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. GTXFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
1. GTXFF reserves the right to switch the entry category or otherwise assign a category to fit programming needs and interests, and films will not be penalized for the original submission selection.
2. All films must be submitted online through FilmFreeway. All foreign Submissions must be subtitled.
3. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by GTXFF in connection with the dispute.
4. Payments are made through FilmFreeway website.
5. Online screeners and posters are mandatory and must be uploaded to FilmFreeway’s site. Please include if your film was SHOT IN TEXAS (include locations) or made by TEXAS FILMMAKERS. We don't want to miss your film!
The GTX Film Festival does NOT waive entry fees.
Selected Films and Winners
1. GTXFF has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
2. GTXFF explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by GTXFF or by its volunteers.
3. Selected films will be announced on Feb. 21, 2019 The judges’ decision is final.
4. Winners receiving cash prizes are solely responsible for payment of all applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
RETURNS & ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:
DVDs and press materials will not be returned under any circumstances. Include a self-addressed, stamped postcard for each submission if you wish acknowledgment of the receipt of your entry.
COMPETITION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.