On our first year, we are now accepting short films from all over the world about the intersection of occupation, gender and sexuality.
This is presented by UP Manila Center for Gender and Women Studies and SexGen - OTOS. This is sponsored by UPM and Inga Britt Lindström Award 2020 (awarded to Rod Charlie Delos Reyes by the Swedish Association of Occupational Therapy). The film competition will be under the supervision of Junior Chamber International (JCI) Batangas Balisong.
Best Picture 100 USD plus certificate
2nd Best Picture 100 USD plus certificate
3rd Best Picture 100 USD plus certificate
Best Actor certificate
Best Director certificate
Best Screenplay certificate
Best Cinematography certificate
Best Editing certificate
Best Production Design certificate
Best Musical Score certificate
● Open to amateur and professional filmmakers worldwide
● A film must be 3 to 10 minutes long, inclusive of OBB and CBB
● Dialogue may be in any language, with English subtitles
● The works must revolve around the intersection of everyday life, gender and sexuality
● Works produced from January 2020 to August 2021 are accepted however films done in 2019 may be considered.
● Short Feature: Must be able to tell a fictional story using actors in certain locales or sets, with or without costumes. It could be any genre.
● Narrative Documentary: Non-fictional film primarily for the purposes of instruction or maintaining a historical record, using a narrator to guide the viewer.
● Animation: A film in which characters’ performances are created using a frame by frame technique involving animation through drawings, computer graphics, photographs of static objects.
● All entries must be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or via FilmFreeway (https://filmfreeway.com/GLELGSFilmCompetition)
● Final work should be in HD mp4 format.
● Deadline of submission is on October 1, 2021, 11:59 PST.
● Questions/queries: Email via email@example.com.
Festival Competition Proper
● Submissions shall go through a screening committee.
● A total of 25 films will be selected as official finalists and will be announced mid-October.
● Final roster of entries will be shown worldwide via the assembly’s official Youtube Channel from October 27 to 31, 2021 and at El Romeo in Balayan, Batangas. An exclusive online screening with the directors will be hosted by JCI Batangas Balisong after the first day of the assembly.
● Awarding of the winners will be on October 30, 2021.
● It is the sole responsibility of the entity or entities claiming ownership of the submitted work to secure licensing and/or permission from the trademark or copyright holders of materials in question. This includes music, stock images/footage, or any other elements that could violate an existing legal trademark or copyright.
● Music used in any entry must be original, licensed or in the public domain.
● Filmmaker/production company retains ownership of the work, and all rights due herein;
● Filmmaker grants the Global Assembly on Everyday Life, Gender, and Sexuality the right to extract excerpts from the film to be used as promotional materials in various assembly platforms.
●Global Assembly on Everyday Life, Gender, and Sexuality reserves the right to exhibit the film in any of its platforms, including its social media platforms, or that of its affiliates until the 31st of October, 11:59 PST, and at no additional cost.
● Entries that have been featured in other local and international festivals and competitions are qualified.
● If the production team includes several individuals, they must assign a single representative to act on their behalf. All official communication shall be addressed to the representative; the Global Assembly on Everyday Life, Gender, and Sexuality will not be liable for any controversy regarding the sharing of awards/prizes/incentives among the members of the group.
a. Directing (20 points)
b. Cinematography (15 points)
c. Editing (10 points)
d. Story and Screenplay (20 points)
e. Acting (15 points)
f. Musical Score (10 points)
g. Production Design (10 points)
● The decision of the judges is final. The judges will have the right not to give an award to any of the mentioned categories if no entry should merit it.
● The Global Assembly on Everyday Life, Gender, and Sexuality reserves the right to amend the rules and revise the mechanics.
● The pursuit of the physical screening shall be decided depending on the restrictions of IATF in doing gatherings in the Philippines.