Ger is the main dwelling and a great heritage of the nomadic Mongols. Golden Ger means an event with the highest form of expressiveness in the most inclusive manner.
Mongolian Film Institute's Golden Ger International Film Festival (Formerly Altan Khalis International Film Festival) is Mongolia's most prestigious short film festival. It provides a platform for aspiring young filmmakers to challenge themselves and showcase their burgeoning talents to a growing audience of movie-lovers.
In 2013, Mongolian Film Institute launched the first Underground Film Competition in Mongolia, with the goal of fostering local interest in experimental films and encouraging young artists to challenge conventional methods of filmmaking. Over the next few years, the competition evolved into Golden Ger International Film Festival.
The main part of this film festival is the competition section for short films made by international and local filmmakers. Golden Ger International Film Festival is the only film festival to host a competition for short films in this scope in Mongolia. We also screen feature films by invitation, hold master classes, host discussions, and organize networking events during the film festival. The previous honorary guests and jury members were celebrated filmmakers such as Golden Bear and Golden Globe winner Fatih Akin, Golden Bear winner Wang Quan'an, Boo Junfeng, Ella Manzheeva, Peter Tscherkassky, Eve Heller, Julian Radlmaier, and industry professionals such as Artur Żurawski, Kim Young-woo, Maxine Williamson and Bernadette Schramm.
Since 2013, from the submissions we received, over 320 went onto selected in the competition section of our film festival. For the last 8 editions of our film festival, we gave monetary prizes to 80 filmmakers.
For filmmakers from Mainland China, please submit here: https://www.sfilmmaker.com/video/festivalShow?f_id=213
The best of each category will be awarded
1) Films that are 3-30 minutes can be submitted.
2) Upon submission of a project, the user certifies that all materials submitted to Golden Ger International Film Festival are his or her own work and that all other information provided, is true and factual.
3) All the submitted films will become part of Golden Ger International Film Festival archives and will be made available for screening for publicity and non-profit purposes. We will not acquire the copyright.
4) In case of any unforeseen circumstances, the festival committee reserves the right to change the dates of the festival.
5) Golden Ger International Film Festival will take considerable care to protect all information received, but in the event of information theft, the organization is void of responsibilities, related profits, expenses, and liabilities arising from the incident.
6) Golden Ger International Film Festival will take reasonable care to protect all materials received. However, in the event where similar or identical materials, in terms of idea, plot, theme or other elements, have been created by the other filmmakers, the festival and its staff are void of responsibilities and the obligation to compensate. Similar or identical materials are purely coincidental and have been independently created.
7) Golden Ger International Film Festival reserves the right to organize the presentation of materials in any order.
8) You agree to indemnify and hold Golden Ger International Film Festival harmless, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity.
9) If selected we will need digital screening formats such as high-quality H264/x264 files which can be downloaded through cloud services (Wetransfer, MEGA, Dropbox, etc.) Send us an e-mail for details.
10) If not selected Golden Ger International Film Festival will not explain from on behalf of its selection committee to the submitters.
11) By submitting your film to the Golden Ger International Film Festival the individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules, and regulations.
12) All entry fees are non-refundable.