The fourth annual French Riviera Film Festival (FRFF) will recognize and celebrate short-form content created for film, television, Web and all digital platforms. In the glamorous South of France setting, FRFF invites filmmakers from around the globe to participate in the two-day festival that includes screenings, awards ceremony, and closing gala party. FRFF will place the spotlight on the best short-form filmed content during the time period of the annual Festival de Cannes. A prestigious jury panel will select Best Drama Short, Best Comedy Short, Best Documentary Short, Best Animation Short, Best Experimental Short, Best Lifestyle Short, Best Fashion Short, Best Music Video, Best Female Filmmaker Award, Best Director Award, Best Actor Award, Best Actress Award, Best Micro Short Award, Industry Excellence Award, and Lifetime Achievement Awards . Attendees and participants will include filmmakers, industry executives, celebrities, media, and influencers.
Best Drama Short
Best Comedy Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Animation Short
Best Experimental Short
Best Lifestyle Short
Best Fashion Short
Best Music Video
Best Sci-Fi/Horror Short
Best Micro Short (1 minute - 10 minutes)
Best Director Award
Best Actor Award
Best Actress Award
Audience Choice Award
Industry Excellence Award
Lifetime Achievement Award
– Submissions are accepted through FilmFreeway.
– Entry fees are non-refundable.
– Applicant can submit more than one film to the festival.
– Each submission requires an entry fee.
– Content submitter must be 16 years of age or older.
– Submissions must be the intellectual property of the submitter, and/or their team. No proxy submissions.
– All short films are eligible to submit with production dates from May 1, 2020 forward.
– Content cannot exceed 40 minutes in length.
– Please choose the genre that best represents your series even if your series can be classified under more than one category.
– Duplicate submissions under a different category are allowed, but a separate submission form and payment must be made.
– Entries that are not in English must have English subtitles.
– By submitting to FRFF, you confirm that you hold the rights to (or are authorized to use) any and all audio and video in your short film.
– FRFF will not be held responsible for any claims stemming from the failure of the creator/submitter to properly obtain the rights to material submit and/or screened.
– All decisions made by FRFF are final.
– By participating in the FRFF, each participant agrees to hold FRFF and its employees, directors and representatives harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the event or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
– Entrant grants FRFF the right to use the name, logo, and content of content for awards presentations, highlight reels and promotional material.
– FRFF reserves the right to amend guidelines, selection criteria, awards, screening, and activities if necessary.