FREE THE KITSCH – ATHENS FILM FEST comes back for its spring edition from 16th to 18th of May 2024!
The 3-day celebration of film, performance and sustainable fashion is looking for your more controversial, DADA, queer, underground, experimental, DIY, surprisingly beautiful films to be screened in the heart of Athens. We aspire to screen films of any length, language, origin or date of production, that DO NOT follow any conventional cinematic forms and are usually excluded from the mainstream.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INSPIRING FILMS, that set free and empower original voices of emerging and established filmmakers from all over the world.
If you consider your film to be TOO DIFFERENT, TOO IRONIC, TOO ROMANTIC, TOO QUEER, TOO INTROVERT, TOO WEIRD, TOO UNFITING, TOO EXTRAVAGANT, TOO UPSETTING, TOO PASSIONATE, TOO “TOO MUCH”, please send it to us!
1. The deadline for submitting entries is April 4th, 2024
2. There are no restrictions on the length of the submitted film.
3. There are no restrictions on the year of production of the film.
4. There are no restrictions on the country of origin of the author.
5. The participants warrant that they are authorized on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights, licenses or interests (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights or distribution licenses) to permit us to screen their film in the festival.
6. All films (including English language films and Greek language films) are required to be subtitled in English.
7. We do not accept pre-screening materials through email or post. Submissions are only accepted through our FilmFreeway account.
8. Unfortunately, we cannot cover travel and living expenses to attend the screening neither provide screening fees at the moment.
9. Films that promote racist, sexist, homophobic and transphobic behavior will be disqualified.
10. The festival reserves the right to use clips or stills from the film for promotional purposes.