I hope you are keeping well and safe in these unpredictable times.
Due to the emergency situation caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, we were not able to decide and plan on this year's festival sooner. The ongoing pandemic has roiled every layer of society, and with no end in sight in the foreseeable future, any public event has become infeasible.
We now have come to final decision, that we will be holding this year's festival online. We are currently working on finding an online platform to be able to hold the festival in the last week of October like every year. We are talking with two parties, and hoping to get the best suitable platform for us soon.
Submissions are now open, and hope you will join us in experiencing an innovative and exciting festival. Please provide all the information as required in the application for better review and chances of selection.
Please stay tuned, and stay safe, and let me know if you have any questions.
There are 13 awards presented in the festival. A grand jury will decide the winners from the pool of films which are part of the festival. The Audience Award will be decided by festival-goers' ballots. Each winner will receive a certificate.
Awards are presented in the following categories:
Best Short Film
Best Art Direction
Best Original Concept
Special Jury Prize
1. Films must have been completed after 30 June 2019.
2. Non-English language films must have subtitles in English.
3. Free Spirit Film Festival will not entertain entry fee waiver or reduction requests.
4. Once an entry payment has been made, no refund request will be accepted.
5. Films must be available for screening at the festival from 25 to 31 October 2020.
6. Winners chosen by the judges will be final and binding.
7. FSFF has no obligation to disclose judges, selection process, and other information related to the Festival that are not already made public.