Experts in India are predicting a third wave of coronavirus (Covid-19) disease hitting the country sometime in September and October. So there's no scope for organising a film festival at any physical venue here.
We kept postponing acceptance of any films for this year, thinking the pandemic would subside and we could host a normal festival. But now we have decided to host the festival online yet again.
As usual we will hold the Free Spirit Film Festival in the last week of October. So submissions are open now for a second online edition of the festival. Please make sure to provide all the information as required in the application for better chance of getting selected.
With the festival going online, this smallest of film festivals will have a global outreach. We will announce the platform we will be using to host the festival when we have made a final decision.
Looking forward to receiving some amazing films like we usually do, and to present an exciting festival yet again.
Please follow coronavirus-appropriate behaviours, maintain physical distance, wear mask, wash your hands often, to be safe yourself and others.
There are 13 awards presented in the festival. A grand jury will decide the winners from the pool of films which are part of the festival. The Audience Award will be decided by festival-goers' ballots. Each winner will receive a certificate.
Awards are presented in the following categories:
Best Short Film
Best Art Direction
Best Original Concept
Special Jury Prize
1. Films made after 30 June 2020 are accepted.
2. Non-English language films must have subtitles in English.
3. Please no request for entry fee waiver or reduction requests.
4. Once an entry payment has been made, no refund request will be accepted.
5. Films must be available for screening at the festival from 25 to 31 October 2021.
6. Winners chosen by the judges will be final and binding.
7. FSFF has no obligation to disclose judges, selection process, and other information related to the Festival that are not already made public.