The Forest City Youth Film Festival (FCYFF) celebrates and showcases the future storytellers of Southwestern Ontario. The competition is open to student filmmakers registered in high schools throughout Southwestern Ontario. (See below for additional Rules & Terms.)
The FCYFF is an affiliate of the Ontario Youth Film Festival (OYFF). The Runners-Up and Winners in our Narrative, Documentary, Experimental, Animation and Music Video categories will advance to the OYFF’s competition and have the chance to be crowned the “Best in Ontario.”
$300 to the Winner in each category
$200 to the Runner-Up in each category
$500 for Best Costume and/or Production Design
$500 for Best Use of Sound
$500 for Most Enterprising Filmmaker
$500 for Best Overall Film
* All entries must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
* Works in progress will not be accepted.
* Films must be completed after January 1, 2023.
* To qualify for submission, the Director and most team members must be registered in a high school in Southwestern Ontario at the time of submission.
* We accept and celebrate the diversity of our country and encourage submissions in English, French, Newcomer and/or Indigenous languages. (Submissions must include English subtitles.)
* The decision of the Judges and Selection Committee is final.
Terms and Conditions:
* By submitting to the FCYFF, the entrant agrees to allow his/her work for consideration (hereafter known as the "Work") to be screened during the festival duration, at no charge to the festival. If any additional screenings are to take place, they will do so under mutual agreement between the entrant and the FCYFF.
* For all Works selected by the FCYFF, entrants will be asked to provide promotional materials, but we ask that no promotional materials be sent until selected and notified.
* By submitting to the FCYFF, the entrant admits and acknowledges copyright ownership of the Work. Further, the entrant admits and acknowledges he/she has obtained the necessary permissions for any copyrighted material used in the Work (e.g. music).
* By submitting your Work, the entrant hereby grants the FCYFF the following: non-exclusive, irrevocable rights to use and display the names, voices, photographs, likenesses and biographies of the entrant for use in advertising, publicizing and promoting the Work in any media.
* The entrant understands and acknowledges that, if under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must agree to the terms of the Filmmaker/Guardian Release on your behalf.
* The FCYFF reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time if there is any question of ownership, copyright infringement or any sign of disrespect (in any form of media) to the festival or its representatives. The FCYFF will not be held responsible for any inclusion of uncleared materials in your film. (e.g. copyrighted music used without permission.)
* All entrants understand and acknowledge that they will be automatically subscribed to the FCYFF's newsletter and may opt out at any time.
* Works posted on YouTube or other public video sites cannot be screened in the FCYFF competition. We ask that Works submitted to the FCYFF not be screened in the London region between August 15 and November 15 at venues outside of the FCYFF, and that they not be posted publicly online during that time.
* Works that are official selections are not permitted to withdraw from the FCYFF after September 15. The FCYFF reserves the right to update or modify these terms and policies without prior notice.
* We ask that entrants NOT USE SCHOOL EMAIL ACCOUNTS when submitting their Works. (Most communications with official selections occur during the summer period.)