For a Cause was established to participate in building awareness to create a better day-to-day world.
The judges of the Festival are looking for films about humanity, mistreatment, injustice, and particular issues that made us questions about the truth. Make us thrilled with your inspirational films. We are eager to be triggered by stories that tickle our hearts, wet our eyes with tears, and looking for films carrying emotion, produced with love and care for others, and directed skillfully above the standards of filmmaking.
Save the world through filmmaking, by spreading your message through the world of filmmaking.
Start your movement by making a beautiful film; make it great, speak your mind through inspiring film, and let it soar. Create the awareness about our environment or the neighborhood we live in to a global audience.
We receive submissions from all over the world. For a Cause accepts feature and short film, documentary (any length), screenplay, music video, and welcomes newcomers. With the all-in-one package, juries of the festival will value various skillful performance such as directing, cinematography, editing, performance, story, acting, sound, production design, costume design, music, etc. Separate awards are given if the films pass the judgment phase.
The Festival will give International Award of Outstanding Excellence, International Award of Excellence Winner, and International Award of Merit.
All winners are honored at the Awards Ceremony. The overall winner will be granted an exquisite winning statue during the Awards Ceremony in Indonesia. Attending winners will be granted well-framed certificates according to their winning and beautiful winner sash during the Awards Ceremony in Indonesia (only).
This agreement pertains to all Work(s) submitted to For a Cause Film Festival.
Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film(s) or screenplay to For a Cause (the Festival), you agree to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc. and the submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL and 1 (one) Blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with the title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. The Festival will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the Awards Ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
10. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of high quality.
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
19. Films could be from any year.
20. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the For a Cause Film Festival shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.