The incredible diversity of food, food culture, food traditions, and food knowledge has influenced cultural traditions, architectural and landscape heritage. As more and more people move to globalised diets, it is vitally important to revalue and re-promote our food as cultural heritage for future growth and development.
The Food Film Menu is a collection of (10) short films and videos showcasing footage from the Regions of Gastronomy or any potential candidate region. The videos will provide visual representations of the cultural and culinary heritage of the regions by local filmmakers.
(1)¨Roots Award¨ will be given to the Best Storyteller (less than 10 min) and €500
The award will be presented to the creator at the Region of Gastronomy event organised every year in Brussels during the European Week of Regions and Cities.
The video/film will be showcased with a tasting related to its content.
HOW TO ENTER
Read the rules and deadlines detailed on this page very closely. If your film complies with the standards and regulations listed below, proceed to fill out your profile and project details on FilmFreeway as complete as possible!!
RULES & RESTRICTIONS FOR ENTRY
• The video/film must be submitted by a filmmaker from any of the 12 awarded European Regions of Gastronomy or from any potential candidate Region of Gastronomy.
• The filmmaker can either submit a video or a short film (max 10 min).
• All languages are accepted but SHOULD include English subtitles.
• The video/film should have been created after 2016.
• All genres are eligible for submission EXCLUDING animations and that which depict sexual pornography or extreme violence.
• Submissions must have signed release forms from all contributors to use and publish their work.
• The filmmaker is responsible for purchasing music rights for audio used in the video/short film.
• The filmmaker must have written permission to showcase the locations and people on-screen.
Theme: SHOW US YOUR ROOTS!
The Food Film Menu selection committee is looking for short films or videos containing incredible stories with the central focus on local food. The filmmaker needs to show through the video that s/he is an ambassador of her/his region and its culinary cultural diversity.
• The selection will be made by IGCAT and its panel of experts in the food and film sectors. Only videos about food and depicting images of food will be considered.
• Official selection will take place prior to or on 6 September 2019.
• 10 films will be selected and showcased on IGCAT´s website and YouTube channel and only 1 will be awarded.
• If your film is one of the 10 selected you must be able to provide the following:
a high-res digital version of the film upon acceptance.
(at least) 2 excellent still images from your film to be distributed to the press and for use on the Food Film Menu website, IGCAT website and social media.
a link to a trailer for your film on YouTube. This allows us to feature your trailer on our website and social media accounts.
• If accepted, your video/film may be used for promotional purposes and you give full rights to IGCAT (free of charge) to use it and/or promote it. Noting that this right does not extend to commercial use of the film.
• If selected, you may not withdraw your video from the Food Film Menu for any reason.