The Sun Film Group company is organizing the 1st Edition of the FLOOD FILM FESTIVAL, an International film festival to be held in Taranto in Italy from 12 to 15 July 2018.
The aim of the festival is to investigate the relationship between cinema, sound and music. The FLOOD FILM FESTIVAL is devoted not only to audiovisuals on musical themes but also to those films that focus on the specific audio-visual aspect of film.
The Festival also intends to promote and valorize the professions of sound designer and composer of original music for the cinema.
The jury and the selection committee of the Flood Film Festival are entitled to award special prizes or special mentions to films of particular value.
The Flood Film Festival has four competition sections:
1) MUSIC ON SCREEN SECTION: For full-length documentaries or feature films from all over the world produced in the last two years on a musical theme (biopic, musical, etc.).
2) SOUND ON SCREEN SECTION: For full-length documentaries or feature films from all over the world produced in the last two years on any theme.
3) YOUNG TALENT SECTION: For unreleased pieces by young composers for the cinema aged between 18 and 35.
4) MUSIC IN MOTION SECTION (Live contest): For bands or single musicians (of any musical genre) accompanying a video-clip live.
SELECTION COMMITTEE AND JURIES
The Flood Film Festival selection committee decides on the works to be presented at the Festival.
The jury will be made up of well-known experts from the cultural, film and music world.
The Festival organizers will appoint the official jury members who will assign the prizes for the competition categories.
The decisions of the selection committee and the jury are final.
The selection committee decides the number of works chosen for the official screening and for the live performances.
If a film is selected, the Festival organization will officially notify the participants by email.
The title of the chosen films will be posted online on the website www.floodfestival.it.
In cases of dispute, the final decision will be made by the Festival organization.
The audiovisual works can be registered electronically ONLY through the on-line platform FilmFreeway (https://www.filmfreeway.com):
Young composers’ work must be submitted ONLY by email to the following address:
Registration for the Live contest by bands or single musicians must be submitted ONLY by email to the following address:
• OPENING DATE: 26 March 2018
• CLOSING DATE: 18 May 2018
• NOTIFICATION DATE: 11 June 2018
Enrolment fees – 10,00 € (EUR)
Enrolment fees are not refundable
Fees for participation in the MUSIC ON SCREEN and SOUND ON SCREEN sections are to be paid directly through FilmFreeway.
To participate in the YOUNG TALENT and MUSIC IN MOTION sections proceed as follows:
Bank transfer payable to:
Sun Film Group S.r.l.
IBAN: IT02 H070 8715 8000 0000 0004 806
NB: Indicate ONLY participant’s name and surname or band name as the reason for the bank transfer or postal payment.
The deadline is 18 May 2018 (23.59 – local time).
All the audiovisuals in the MUSIC ON SCREEN and SOUND ON SCREEN sections must have been completed after 1st January 2016.
All genres are accepted.
There is no premiere policy.
Each director can enter no more than three audiovisuals.
All the audiovisuals in Italian MUST be subtitled in English in order to be considered for selection by the Festival.
All the audiovisuals in languages other than Italian MUST be subtitled in English and Italian (in SRT format) in order to be considered for selection by the Festival.
Participants must submit the final format of the film (as indicated below in “Requirements for screening”) to be shown at the Festival. No exceptions will be made.
Through FilmFreeway the participants must provide:
1) Pre-selection copy of the audiovisual work in high resolution.
2) Plot summary.
3) Dialog list in English and Italian.
4) Photo and short biography of the director.
5) 2 stills from the film in high resolution.
Pieces by young composers for the YOUNG TALENT section must be original and unreleased.
Each composer can enter no more than three pieces.
Music for film, of any musical genre, will be accepted, no more than 5 minutes in length. Any lyrics MUST be in Italian or English in order to be considered for selection by the Festival.
Pieces must be submitted in mp3 with only the title (with no indication of the composer’s ID). Young composers must provide:
1) Piece of music in mp3 format.
2) Lyrics (if applicable).
3) Signed declaration that the piece is original and unreleased.
4) Photo and copy of composer’s identity card.
5) Short CV of composer.
6) Copy of payment receipt.
Bands and individual musicians in the MUSIC IN MOTION section must provide:
1) Signed declaration of the intention to participate in the Section and undertaking to perform live, if selected, on any date during the Festival, to be chosen by the organization.
2) One sample piece of music in mp3 format.
3) Photo of the band or single musician and copy of identity card.
4) Short CV of band or single musician.
5) Copy of payment receipt.
Bands and single musicians of any musical genre are accepted. There are no age limits. There are no limits on the number of band members. Bands and individual musicians selected must use their own instruments during the live performance (sound service provided by the organization) and must perform live accompanying a video-clip chosen by the organization, no more than 5 minutes in length.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SCREENING
If an audiovisual work is selected for the official screening the Festival will require:
1) Official copy of the audiovisual work in high resolution (Apple ProRes; H264; .mov).
2) All audiovisuals in Italian MUST be subtitled in English.
3) All audiovisuals in languages other than Italian MUST be subtitled in English and Italian (in SRT format).
6) Digital press-kit.
7) Any other promotional material.
The Festival reserves the right to complete any information not provided by the participant, using any available source, and will not be responsible if incorrect information is given.
The Flood Film Festival reserves the right to add, modify, change, or cancel parts of the regulations at any time without prior notification.
The Flood Film Festival will provide the best possible quality for screening and live performance but will not be responsible for any inevitable technical problem related to the quality of the screening or live performance. There will be no refunds of any kind in the above cases.
If selected for screening or live performance, the participants unreservedly grant the Festival the right to use scenes, stills and/or titles, and any additional information for promotional purposes.
Once selected for official screening, the audiovisuals cannot be withdrawn from their section.
The Festival organization reserves the right to modify or suspend the event.
The Festival organization has the right to assess individually and to take into consideration all cases not present in the Call for Submissions.
Participation in the Flood Film Festival means that the Call for Submissions has been understood and accepted in all its parts.
The Festival organization declares that personal data will be used in accordance with D.Lgs. n° 196/2003 and subsequent modifications and that the data will be processed for the purposes of the Competition.