The Flatland Film Festival will be accepting short film entries from all genres for the 20th annual festival taking place this September 21 - 23 starting in February 2023.
The Flatland Film Festival selection committee will curate 90-100 minutes of short films to screen during the festival. Entries should be no longer than 15 minutes. Shorter running lengths are encouraged to enable us to include as many high quality films as possible. Enter your short film to the Flatland Film Festival 2023 and see your work as it was meant to be seen, on the BIG SCREEN.
Flatland Film Festival will also be accepting submissions of Feature Films to be considered for the final festival line up.
Entries will be accepted until July 15, 2023.
Award categories include: Best Short Film, Audience Choice, Best Director, Best Feature Film, and Best Performance. Award winners will receive prizes.
Accepted filmmakers will receive free passes to the full Flatland Film Festival.
Please submit your qualifying feature or short film in the form of a Vimeo or Youtube unlisted or password protected link. Approved filmmakers will need to submit a short film synopsis, production stills and poster.
You agree to the following terms and conditions of the Flatland Film Festival.
• All films must be the original work of the filmmakers and all filmmakers must have the necessary rights. The festival is not liable for any rights issues.
• We have no premiere status requirements.
• In accordance with the Flatland Film Festival policy, the entry fee is non-refundable.
• By submitting a film to Flatland Film Festival, you grant the Flatland Film Festival permission to screen your film, if said film is officially accepted into this year's lineup.
• If your film has been selected, you will have 14 DAYS TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR ACCEPTANCE. If we do not hear from you within 14 days of notification, your selection may be revoked.
• If accepted, the filmmaker is required to provide the festival a digital file (.mov, .mp4), for exhibition.
• Only completed entries (including entry form, payment, and final exhibition film copy) will be considered. The Flatland Film Festival does not consider works in progress.
• Films which have screened on television or are available publicly on the internet are not eligible. (Password protected and private links are acceptable).
• All entries must either be in English or subtitled in English. Foreign language films without English subtitles will not be screened.
You grant the Flatland Film Festival the following:
• Permission to exhibit your film. Films must be available for screening during the festival.
• Permission for photos, posters, highlights or excerpts of your film (e.g. a trailer) to be placed on the Flatland Film Festival website and used for other marketing and promotional purposes. You also agree to allow Flatland Film Festival to promote the following year's festival with the material listed above. Flatland Film Festival will never solicit or screen your film outside the promotion of the Flatland Film Festival.
• We accept film submissions of any genre. (short film run time must be 15 minutes or less.)
• Notification of selections will be made by August 1, 2023.
• The Flatland Film Festival reserves the right to change our programming without notice. The official selections and screening schedule is at the sole discretion of the festival.
• Sorry, we cannot provide paid transportation or lodging for the event. Discounts may become available as the festival approaches.
• You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. Entry fees will not be refunded.
• Entrants are highly encouraged, but not required, to attend the festival.