Fist Full of Films is the Northern Territory’s original homegrown short film festival. Founded in 1999 to celebrate NT short films in all genres, Fist Full of Films Festival aims to bridge between the emerging filmmakers and the professional screen industry by providing a platform for NT made screen stories to enhance awareness, accessibility and appreciation of film among a broad and diverse audience.
After a 5 year hiatus, Darwin Community Arts has decided to support the re-establishment of Fist Full of Films in 2021. While the NT film industry grows and evolves it is important to remember that short films are an important stepping-stone for young and emerging filmmakers.
Fist Full of Films Festival award winners will receive a GOLDEN GALAH statuette as well as cash and industry prizes.
All award-winning films and runners up will be screened our galah festival screening at the Deckchair Cinema.
Fist Full of Films Festival Terms and Conditions
1. Fist Full of Films Festival short film competition only accepts Northern Territory-made short film entries.
The Festival also accepts co-productions where:
- a significant proportion of key crew are from the Northern Territory, OR
Northern Territory co-production eligibility details must be detailed at the time of submission and the Festival has final decisions on eligibility. If you are unsure of eligibility, please contact the Festival office at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Fist Full of Films Festival accepts all fiction and non-fiction film genres, music videos and experimental films.
3. Films submitted must be no longer than 15 minutes, inclusive of credits.
4. The Producer grants Fist Full of Films Festival the rights to:
(a) Screen to a physical audience in a programmed session (dependent on COVID conditions).
(b) Utilise a portion of the entered film for promotional purposes such as the trailer.
5. The Producer warrants to the Fist Full of Films Festival that they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film and that the film does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party. This includes use of music and literary material.
6. All productions screened at 2021 Fist Full of Films Festival must have been completed within 2 years of the entry closing date.
7. Entries cannot be withdrawn after Thursday 30th September, 2021. By submitting your film to the Fist Full of Films Festival for consideration, you acknowledge this condition of entry and waive your right to withdraw your film from the Festival after this date.
8. If your film is selected for the Festival, you will be sent an email confirmation by October 11th, 2021
9. As part of the online presentation of the event, the Fist Full of Films Festival will be expanding its reach to a national audience. Filmmakers will have the choice as to whether they participate in any online or other screenings beyond the core festival.
10. The Fist Full of Films Festival has a commitment to ensuring equitable participation and inclusion. The Festival offers film submission waivers for films where the Director and/or Producer identify as being:
• First Peoples
• A person with disability
If this applies to your submission please email email@example.com to receive your waiver code prior to completing your submission.