>> Submissions are now closed for the 2019 FILMOUT SAN DIEGO LGBTQ SHORTFEST <<
Our special one-day film festival will feature 20 LGBTQ short films on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at Landmark's Hillcrest Cinemas. This short festival will be a pre-Summer/Pride screening featuring only LGBTQ short films!
**Don't delay** Submissions will only be open from Jan 2 – Feb 28, 2019 for the ShortFest. We'll accept any genre of LGBTQ short films from Animation to Drama, Horror to Foreign Language. Just keep it under 20 minutes! (Then look for our regular annual film festival submissions to open later in the year in November 2019 as we relaunch FilmOut San Diego for the 21st Annual San Diego LGBTQ Film Festival in 2020!)
FilmOut San Diego is one of the longest-running film festivals in Southern California and the only LGBTQ film festival in the San Diego area. Our festival and screenings are well-respected in the film community and often have World and U.S. premieres. People from around the world attend the festival as we offer filmmakers Q&A sessions after most films. Interviews with filmmakers and talent are uploaded to social media platforms for maximum exposure.
The mission of FilmOut San Diego is to enlighten, educate, and entertain San Diego, California and its outlying communities through the exhibition of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and Queer/Questioning-themed films. FilmOut San Diego seeks to recognize, promote, celebrate and support the important diverse artistic contributions LGBTQ filmmakers make to our community.
FilmOut San Diego annually affirms the ongoing integrity and boundless imagination of our community and the artists who tell our stories. We believe our work is part of an ongoing effort to build a vibrant, affirming and sustainable LGBTQ community in San Diego County.
We hope you will join us and submit your project!
There will be no awards given for the FILMOUT SAN DIEGO LGBTQ SHORTFEST. However, the selected shorts will officially be considered as part of FilmOut San Diego's monthly series for the 2019 film screening year. An "official selection" laurel will be provided to those filmmakers selected for the ShortFest.
• FilmOut San Diego is a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender & queer/questioning (LGBTQ) film festival. All submissions must be relevant to that community or your entry will be disqualified. Please do not submit any films without LGBTQ content.
• Films are only accepted digitally through the film submission service FilmFreeway.
• There are screening fees required to submit to FilmOut San Diego paid through FilmFreeway.
• Our submission period is from January 2, 2019 – February 28, 2019. The deadline for all submissions is February 28, 2019.
• If you are unable to submit via FilmFreeway, please contact either firstname.lastname@example.org (or) email@example.com
• There will be no refunds once a project has been submitted.
• If your film is selected to the festival, you will be expected to provide a MP4 file of your film received by FilmOut San Diego no later than April 1st, 2019.
• Films that are available through VOD or are available to the general public via online platforms are NOT ELIGIBLE.
• Additional materials will be requested once your film has been selected: jpegs, synopsis, posters, film clips, etc. We prefer that the mp4 files be tranferred via Dropbox due to size limits.
All selected entries do hereby grant FilmOut San Diego the right to use footage, stills, and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes to include, but not limited to, cable, TV, Internet, radio and print sources.