NOTICE OF FILM FESTIVAL POSTPONEMENT
2020 FilmOut San Diego LGBTQ Film Festival
>> New Dates - SEPTEMBER 10-13, 2020 <<
Due to the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and the recommendation from the California Department of Public Health, FilmOut San Diego has postponed our scheduled film festival from April 30–May 3, 2020 to September 10–13, 2020. We appreciate your understanding with this decision, but the safety of our filmmakers, attendees and staff must take priority.
At this time our film schedule is finished and all filmmakers have been notified of the situation.
Once again we apologize for this inconvenience. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and be in touch with the latest information.
FilmOut San Diego Staff/Board
FilmOut San Diego will be presenting the 21st Annual FILMOUT SAN DIEGO LGBTQ FILM FESTIVAL from September 10–13, 2020.
We are one of the longest-running film festivals in Southern California and the only LGBTQ film festival in the San Diego area. Our festival is well-respected in the film community and often have World and U.S. premieres. People from around the world attend the festival as we offer filmmakers Q&A sessions after most films. Interviews with filmmakers and talent are uploaded to social media platforms for maximum exposure. We also have a fantastic Opening Night gala and Closing Night party each year.
This year our annual San Diego LGBTQ Film Festival will be a four-day event that includes international, documentary, short and feature films shown in two different locations. As always, we strive to show the newest LGBTQ themed film selections available.
FilmOut San Diego annually affirms the ongoing integrity and boundless imagination of our community and the artists who tell our stories. We believe our work is part of an ongoing effort to build a vibrant, affirming and sustainable LGBTQ community in San Diego County. We hope you will join us and submit your project!
• Best Narrative Feature
• Best (First) Narrative Feature
• Best International Feature
• Best Direction
• Best Actor in a Feature Film
• Best Actress in a Feature Film
• Best Actor in a Supporting Role
• Best Actress in a Supporting Role
• Best Ensemble Cast
• Best Overall Short
• Best Short Film (Male)
• Best Short Film (Female)
• Best International Short
• Best Comedy
• Best Documentary
• Best Screenplay
• Best Cinematography
• Best Soundtrack
...plus Audience Awards, Festival Awards, and Special Programming Awards including:
• Freedom Award
• Outstanding Emerging Talent
• Outstanding Artistic Achievement
The mission of FilmOut San Diego is to enlighten, educate, and entertain San Diego, California and its outlying communities through the exhibition of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered and queer-themed films. FilmOut San Diego seeks to recognize, promote, celebrate and support the important diverse artistic contributions LGBTQ filmmakers make to our community.
• FilmOut San Diego is a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) film festival. All submissions must be relevant to that community or your entry will be disqualified. Please do not submit any films without clear LGBTQ content.
• Film screeners are only accepted digitally through the film submission service FilmFreeway.
• There are screening fees required to submit to FilmOut San Diego paid through FilmFreeway.
• Our submission period is from November 1, 2019 – February 15, 2020.
• If you are unable to submit via FilmFreeway, please contact either firstname.lastname@example.org (or) email@example.com
• There will be no refunds once a project has been submitted.
• If your film is selected to the festival, you will be expected to provide your film (format to be determined by Program Director) by March 15, 2020.
• Films that are available to the public via VOD, have played in San Diego (theatrically or featured in another San Diego film festival) are not eligible.
• Additional materials will be requested once your film has been selected: jpegs, synopsis, posters, film clips, etc. We request all items be transferred via Dropbox, if possible.
All selected entries do hereby grant FilmOut San Diego the right to use footage, stills, and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes to include, but not limited to, cable, TV, Internet, radio and print sources.