FilmArte Festival is a festival dedicated to films and screenplays that are artistic or portray any aspect of art(ists). It is hosted twice a year: Spring editions in Madrid and Berlin; Autumn editions in Berlin. We are now open for submissions for our 6th Spring edition!
An experienced team of programmers, artists and film lovers comes together to organize FilmArte.
We are looking for artistic films and screenplays as well as films and screenplays about arts or artists. Both fictional and documentary works are welcome as long as they show talents and the creative process. Our program is dedicated to cinema that represents innovative and artistic visions and celebrates multicultural diversity.
Part of your submission fee goes towards planting trees! Grow My Tree is our partner in this project. Our award winners receive certificates for some of the trees planted. Thank you for contributing to greener world!
Note: Our website is down for technical reasons beyond our control. We're working hard to find a better solution!
Films and screenplays are chosen for our official selection and as semifinalists. All receive digital laurels to share with the world!
Our official selection is then considered for our awards, which change every year. For reference, we often deliver awards for best music clip, best experimental, best animation, and best student film.
All award winners receive:
- A digital laurel
- A digital certificate of your award
- A digital certificate for one of the trees planted that edition with Grow My Tree
Unfortunately, there are no monetary prizes.
By submitting your work to us, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- We are open to creators from all over the world - no limit on age or nationality!
- We accept films that are already online, or have already been premiered in Europe.
- Films in other languages rather than English must be subtitled in English. Subtitles in Spanish or German are accepted but not a requirement for films in English language.
- If you submit a student film, we will require a student ID or similar proof.
- We only accept screenplays written in English and with up to ~120 pages.
- We set an international jury of at least three members. Their decision is final.
- The screening copies of selected films must be provided in at least two of the following formats: .avi, .mov, .mp4.
- Filmmakers attest and guarantee that they possess all the necessary rights and authorizations.
- We don't cover screening fees for the films selected. We don't provide invitation letters for visa purposes either.
- By submitting to us, you give consent to receive ~4 emails per year with tips and discount codes for us and for partner festivals. If you don't want this, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll immediately take you off the list. Or you can unsubscribe at any time through the link at the end of each email. This is one of the ways in which we want to support brilliant filmmakers and screenwriters in their festival tours!