Montagna Italia Association organizes the 5th International Forests Festival, dedicated to knowledge and discoveries of the forests in the world.
Founding principles of the Festival are: the enhancement, knowledge, respect and cultural promotion of the forest habitat.
Only Italian language of the movie (or with Italian subtitles) is accepted.
Prizes: awards and plaques.
Prizes are awarded during the final evening of the Festival. If the winner or his representative cannot be present, the prize will not be sent.
With the aim to promote the Forests and the Urban Forests, Montagna Italia Associatio, calls the 5th Film Competition on Forests. The competition desire also to sensitize public through the cinematographic language using the eyes of directors around the world.
Movies selected by Jury will be projected in Bergamo on November 2021.
Only Italian language (or Italian subtitles) is accepted.
• Forests from the world: tropical, meditteranean, temperate and boreal forests
• Urban Forests: trees and forests localized into and around ecosystem of urban communities
• Food Forests: agri-food resources present in the forests of the planet, used by men or life resources for the animal environment.
• Inhabitants of the Forests: animals and population who live in the Forest of the world
• Sounds of Forests: Songs, popular music e sounds of nature
• Literature, mythology and religion: religious rituals, legends and stories from the world of Forests
• Protected natural areas: National, Regional and Interregional Parks, Natural Reserves and others protected
Art. 1 - The Competition is open to all Italian and foreign producers (companies, associations and private individuals). Only Italian language of the movie (or with Italian subtitles) is accepted.
Art. 2 - Participation in the Competition is free.
Art. 3 - Prizes: awards and plaques.
Art. 4 - Prizes are awarded during the final evening of the Festival. If the winner or his representative cannot be present, the prize will not be sent.
Art. 5 - Films/documentaries, animated films, feature films, short, medium or full-length movies may enter the Competition.
Art. 6 - Films submitted to the Competition must have been produced no earlier than 2015.
Art. 7 - Each director/producer may participate in the Competition by registering one or more films at the Festival.
Art. 8 - The Festival appoint its own Jury in charge of selecting the winning films.
Art. 9 - The Selection of the winners and any special mentions is at the sole discretion of the Jury.
Art. 10 - The works must be sent in MPEG4 - H264 - MP4 - MP4 format (the weight of the file must not exceed 5 GB) to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org using sites such as www.wetransfer.com, https://www.filemail.com/, or any other program for sending heavy files.
Documents and materials to be attached:
- Italian subtitles if the film is in a foreign language;
- Synopsis maximum 500 characters (spaces included);
- At least 5 photographs of the film in digital format (maximum weight 5 MB, 300 DPI);
- Link to download the film.
Art. 11 - The Organizing Committee will communicate via email to all participants the titles of the selected films that will be screened during the evenings of the Festival. Among them, only the authors of the award-winning films will be informed of the win.
Art. 12 - There will be no refunds of any kind related to the screening of films.
Art. 13 - The author authorizes the publication of his data on the website and on communication materials. He also authorizes the screening and distribution (TV, radio, web) of parts of the film forpromotional purposes.
Art. 14 - The films received for selection will become part of the Film Library of the Montagna Italia Association, which has as its objective the conservation of its film heritage. The circulation of the works of the Film Library for commercial
purposes is excluded, with the absolute prohibition of video reproductions and of partial or total transfer to third parties.
Art. 15 - Participation in the Film Competition implies full acceptance of the Regulations.
Art. 16 - In the event of disputes not covered by these Regulations, the Organizing Committee shall be competent.