From Montreal to Mauritania, the Nomad Festival is a cultural locus for those who enjoy stories, music, people, and travel. Our goal is to foster lasting partnerships between distant communities by gathering together to celebrate life !
Founded in 2009 in Mauritania, the Nomad Festival is a gathering centred around typical desert festival activities : camel races, ancestral dances, and traditional cuisine
The Montreal edition of the Nomad Festival is an essential point of convergence for lovers of world music and nomad culture alike. Every year, our community joins forces around a performance project to help everyone to share in an evening full of surprises. From circus acts to dance recitals, and from music to trance, our events continue to win over members of the Nomad Festival community !
This is not a competition festival. There is no entry fees and no awards.
To be admitted, each film must match the following requirements :
• Films can be fiction, documentary, experimental or animation (students films are accepted) ;
• Films must be related with nomad's thematic (literally or metaphorically) ;
• Films have to not exceed 20 minutes in length ;
• Films have to be produced (or the 1st public exhibition) after January, 2012 ;
• Films have to be available for Festival screening on codec H.264, Apple Pro Res, .mov.
• Films have to be subtitled in french (or in english). It’s also advisable for french-speaking films to have english subtitles.
SUBSCRIPTION AND SELECTION: before JANUARY 14, 2015
The selections results will be notified via e-mail before January 19, 2015
The film must have been uploaded to FilmFreeway
· Participants have to enter their film via the online submission
· Attached files :
· One still of the film which can be used in any publication
· A photo of the director
If the film is selected for the Nomad Festival, a digital file (HD, .mov, H.264, Pro Res) no bigger than 10G must be sent via wetransfer.com or https://mega.co.nz/ .