1. WHAT IS CINE POR LOS DERECHOS HUMANOS?
It is a digital platform for streaming, with applications available in android, ios and web, which gathers and exhibits audiovisual content sensitive to human rights that highlights extraordinary characters who fight for causes that dignify life. It also invites civil society to be part of social initiatives or causes through voluntary donations.
The platform seeks to encourage through promotional campaigns the active participation of civil society, through the collection of voluntary donations from THREE (3) dollars onwards for the right to rent for the viewing of films, the collection will go to social causes directly benefiting the population in a condition of vulnerability in Colombia.
To exhibit via streaming commercial or independent films related to human rights and link them to fundraising for social causes, directly benefiting vulnerable populations in Colombia.
3. DESTINATION OF DONATIONS?
For a movie the user decides to donate a minimum of three (3) dollars. 70% will go to the cause that the user decides to support and the other 30% will be divided between the costs of the streaming service and the owner of the movie as well:
DONATION $ 3.00
TRANSACTION COST $ 0.50
TOTAL $ 2.50 100%.
CAUSE $ 1.75 70%
STREAM COST $ 0.16 6%
FILM $ 0.40 16%
PLATFORM $ 0.19 8%
For donations over $10USD 75% will go to the cause that the user decides to support and the other 25% is divided between the costs of the streaming service and the owner of the film as well:
DONATION $ 10.50
EPAYCO $ 0.50
TOTAL $ 10.00 100%
CAUSE $ 7.50 75%
GB $ 0.16 2%
FILM $ 1.00 10%
PLATFORM $ 1.34 13%
* The percentage PLATFORM is destined to the maintenance and publicity of the same.
4. WHO CAN COMPETE?
Producers, directors and distributors from any country who are holders of the economic copyright, intellectual property rights, and any and all rights over the audiovisual work they are competing with can participate.
4.1. OBLIGATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS
The participants declare that they own the rights to the audiovisual work they are participating in (including each and every one of the images, sound and soundtrack), and that they have obtained in writing all the authorizations or permissions for it to participate in this call. This implies that they also have all the rights and the corresponding authorizations of third parties whose work or part of it has been incorporated into the audiovisual work, as well as of third parties whose image and/or voice appear in the same, especially if they are minors or people under guardianship.
Fundación Impulsos will consider the person or legal representative of the entity submitting the film as the sole interlocutor to address issues related to the participation of the audiovisual work, assuming total responsibility towards the persons or companies involved in the production of the film.
The Foundation will not be responsible for any claim derived from the failure to comply with the terms established in these regulations. Consequently, participants release the Fundación Impulsos from any and all claims, demands, judgments and legal measures taken against them by third parties, for whatever reason. Similarly, they agree to guarantee, compensate and keep the platform Cine por los Derechos Humanos free from all expenses and fees related to legal proceedings and direct or indirect damages, as well as an eventual judgment against the project, or payments resulting from an agreement signed with the plaintiff.
The participants are aware of and accept the distribution and the percentages mentioned in paragraph 2. DESTINATION OF THE DONATIONS.
5. REGISTRATION DATES
To register a film on the Cinema for Human Rights platform you must do so through one of the available platform FilmFreeway or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
On each platform you will find instructions on how to register your film.
• Audiovisual works in a foreign language must have the respective subtitles in Spanish; otherwise, they cannot be considered for selection.
• Audiovisual works that do not have the respective relevance to the subject of human rights will be automatically disqualified.
• Authorize the financial model proposed by the platform for their participation described in point 3 of this document.
* Please note that a successfully completed registration does not automatically mean the inclusion of the film in the platform's catalog.
7. ALLOWED CATEGORIES
• Feature Film Fiction
• Fiction Short Film
• Feature Documentary
• Series or miniseries
CATEGORY FICTION LENGTH FILMS Search for fiction films framed in human rights between sixty (60) and one hundred and twenty (120) minutes nationally and internationally, in Spanish or with subtitles in this language.
CATEGORY SHORT FILM The applicant film must have a minimum duration of seven (7) minutes and a maximum of twenty-five (25) minutes.
DOCUMENTARY LENGTH The applicant film must have a minimum length of twenty-six (35) minutes and a maximum length of one hundred and twenty (120) minutes.
CATEGORY ANIMATION The applicant film must have a minimum duration of three (3) minutes and a maximum of one hundred and twenty (120) minutes and must address human rights issues.
• An internal committee appointed by the organization will evaluate the thematic content and the technical audiovisual quality.
• Notification will be made through the e-mail with which the registration was made, attaching the acceptance letter, which must be sent as a response to the notification mail.
The selected participants must send a copy in digital format or download link with the following technical specifications:
• File extension: .MOV or .MP4
• Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC
• Resolution: FullHD (1080p)
• Aspect ratio: 16:9 (1920X1080)
• Frame rate: 24 or 30 fps
• Codec: MPEG ACC
• Channel: Stereo
• Sample rate: 48000 Hz - 32 bits
Suggested Weight: It is recommended that the video file does not exceed 8 GB. The system can upload files larger than 8 GB however the processing and uploading time increases proportionally to the file size, which on slow connections can cause problems with the user experience.
9. USE OF SELECTED WORKS AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
All promotional material (text, data and photos) sent by the participant to the platform, will be freely used in print and/or digital media for advertising purposes and disseminated in any format for promotional purposes related to the purpose of the platform, in Colombia and abroad.
This material may be translated, corrected or edited before publication.
The full acceptance of these conditions grants the Fundación Impulsos the rights of exhibition exclusively for the platform www.cineporlosderechoshumanos.com
Under the terms of these regulations, participants give the Fundación Impulsos permission to publish and use this material for the aforementioned purposes.
10. TIME SPENT ON THE PLATFORM
If your film is selected, you must guarantee a minimum of forty-five (45) days' stay, this time can be extended by mutual agreement and will be done by e-mail.
11. FREE FUNCTION
If your film is selected, it must allow only one free show within the 45-day minimum stay, this for promotional and advertising purposes of the platform.
12. METRICS AND DATA
The platform will provide the film representative with a report after 45 days describing the following aspects:
• Exact number of visualizations.
• Places of visualization.
• Percentage of the film viewed
• Total revenue per film
• Total according to the model designated in #3.
13. CURRENCY TRANSFER
The representative must have a PayPal account for currency transfer. The platform does not assume the cost generated by the platform in the transaction.
Cine por los Derechos Humanos is organized by Fundación Impulsos, identified with the NIT 900912421-6 with unique headquarters in Bogotá, Colombia.
It is conceived as a non-profit platform.
The registration to this call implies the full acceptance of these rules by all participants, agents or representatives.
The Foundation may add additional rules that it considers convenient for the best compliance of the event. The interpretation of these rules, norms and regulations, as well as other aspects not contemplated in these, will be the exclusive competence of the Organization.
For more information, interested parties may contact email@example.com.