Femflix Film Festival is a quarterly showcase and competition screening the best stories made by women and female-identifying filmmakers. We accept short films (narrative or factual) from all around the globe, offering awards in various categories along with a non-exclusive license agreement to stream and earn revenue for a 3-month window on Femflix streaming service (www.femflix.com) geo-locked to Australia and New Zealand.
The Festival focuses on female driven stories, independent female directors, producers, writers, actresses, cinematographers, and all female artists contributing to the language of cinema as women in film.
We work to create an opportunity for the best new voices and fresh talent to be reviewed by our panel of qualified industry judges.
Femflix is dedicated to ensure talented women in film gain exposure to a wide audience in a highly competitive and curated manner showcasing and celebrating your work amongst some of the best films in the world.
The Jury of Femflix Film Festival will select the Festival Finalists four (4) times a year, which will then go on to screen on Femflix.com. *PLEASE NOTE: Check Deadlines for each quarterly cut-off*
We have four (4) screening periods each year starting on: January 1st, March 1st, July 1st, Oct 1st lasting three months each.
Finalists will each receive:
- Official Femflix Festival Laurel (OFFICIAL SELECTION)
- Non-Exclusive 3-month licensing contract to stream on www.femflix.com (Australia & New Zealand)
- Filmmaker Name/s & Poster shared across Femflix social media channels & enewsletter
At the end of each year we will Award "BEST OF FESTIVAL" awards taken from all festival finalists which have screened on Femflix.com. The following categories will be voted by Jury and Audience:
- Best of Festival Short Film (awarded to Producer)
- Best Lead Actress
- Best Director
- Best Screenplay
- Best Cinematography
- Best Drama
- Best Comedy
- Best Documentary
- Best Editing
- Best Student Film
Along with the above prizes, Each category winner will additionally receive:
- BEST OF Certificate in their winning category
- Laurel for their winning category
- 1 x Annual VIP subscription to www.femflix.com (valued at $107.88)
- Name, Laurel & Poster Announcement across all Femflix social channels & e-newsletter
- Winners will be promoted through Local, State, National and Online press
1. Short film duration must be no longer then 15 MINS
2. We will only accept films completed within the last 5 YEARS
3. Submissions must include at least 1 women or female-identifying person in the role of: DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, CINEMATOGRAPHER, WRITER OR LEAD PROTAGONIST
5. Films must be submitted via online screener ONLY through FilmFreeway
6. The festival has the right to use filmmakers names, images, a trailer, stills and a poster from the films for promotional purposes.
7. There is no premier status requirement
8. If the film is not in English, it must have English subtitles
9. Submission fees are not refundable
10. The applicants declare that they have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to present the film as part of Femflix Festival. The filmmaker must own or have cleared copyright of all aspects of the submitted film. This includes all music and images used. Femflix Festival accepts no responsibility, financial or otherwise, in regards to clearing copyrighted material.
11. All decisions regarding festival acceptance are final.
12. By submitting to our festival you agree to receive occasional emails from us. You can unsubscribe at any time.
13. You MUST enter your short film into either the Narrative or Documentary Short film category to be eligible to enter any of the AWARDS categories.