⚡️⚡️ Every entry receives a free (49$ Worth) webinar! ⚡️⚡️
* COVID 19 NOTICE *
The FVR Film festival is confirmed to take place sometime in October. We are working with local officials to determine what format the festival will take: whether it will be held at a physical venue, or online via Eventive’s Virtual Festival format, or in some combination of the two. Regardless of the format, prizes will still be presented.
Female Voices Film Festival is committed to creating a platform for female artists to be able to share their work. The event will take place in October and feature short films by women filmmaker, Q & As, and a closing award ceremony.
Our industry panel of judges include Emmy award winner and Oscar nominated producers. For this years judges please visit our website.
We celebrate films that empower female producers, directors, writers and/or protagonists. We welcome all films that focus on women’s stories or experiences. We accept all domestic and international film submission that meets the below criteria.
All films entered are required to have two or greater of the following different specified creative roles fulfilled by women: Director(s), Writer(s), Cinematographer(s), Producer(s), Composer, SFX Artist, Editor, Production Designer and/or lead talent. Any unproduced screenplay or TV pilot must be written by women.
Any films that do not meet the aforementioned requirement and are submitted will be disqualified from the festival consideration and no refunds will be disbursed.
Our Jury (2020)
* Tracy Kopulsky (MXN Entertainment) the company is behind loved filmmakers such as Diablo Cody, Jesse Andrews, Melina Matsoukas, Amanda Marsalis, and Katie Silberman.
* Julie Christeas is the founder and CEO of Tandem Pictures, since 2010. Her recent films include THE SURROGATE (SXSW 2020) and BLACK BEAR (Sundance 2020) starring Aubrey Plaza, Christopher Abbott, and Sarah Gadon. She also executive produced the cult horror favorite THE EYES OF MY MOTHER (Sundance 2016/Magnet Releasing), MONOGAMY (Best NY Narrative, Tribeca Film Festival 2010), the feature doc DUKALE'S DREAM starring Hugh Jackman, and GHOST TEAM starring Jon Heder, David Krumholtz, Justin Long, Amy Sedaris, and Melonie Diaz.
* Eva Lipman is an Emmy Award-winning filmmaker and produces creative content for film, television, and live events. She produced HBO's JIM: THE JAMES FOLEY STORY, Academy Award nominee, and winner of the 2016 Sundance Audience Award and the 2016 Primetime Emmy for Exceptional Merit in Documentary Filmmaking.
*Charlette Kilby (Strahtie Films) her career began in 2008 making short films alongside producing partner, writer/director, Carl Strathie, whilst assistant directing many award-winning short films. In 2016 she founded Strathie Film and went onto produce her first feature film Solis, starring The Walking Dead’s Steven Ogg, which sold worldwide
AWARDS, LAURELS, AND CERTIFICATES
✔ Best Short Film Winner
Stage 32 Professional Development Package
-60 Minute Mentoring Call with an Executive, Producer, Manager of your Choice Through Stage 32
-1 Stage 32 Next Level Webinar
-1 Stage 32 Next Level Class
-Free Month Access to the Stage 32 Writers' Room - you can meet executives online every week during class
-Free Submission into the Stage 32 Short Film Program Contest - winners screen at Austin Film Festival, Hollyshorts Film Festival and Raindance Film Festival
-Free Submission into a Stage 32 Screenwriting Contest - winner flown to Hollywood for a week of meetings with Development Executives, Managers and Producers
✔ 1 Winner will receive a Robert Mckee Story Seminar (900$ value)
✔1 Winner will get a coveted meeting with Grace Moss, the talent and diversity director at NBC.
✔ 4 Winners will Receive a copy of FINAL DRAFT
✔ All Selected films will receive a "Official Selection" laurel image.
ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING RULES, TERMS, and CONDITIONS:
- NO REFUND of your entry fee will be permitted.
- All decisions by judges, programmers and organizers shall be made in their sole discretion and will be FINAL.
- Female Voices Rock (FVR) has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
- FVR explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by the FVR Festival judges or by its volunteers.
- For films to qualify, two or greater of the following different specified creative roles must be fulfilled by women: Director(s), Writer(s), Cinematographer(s), Producer(s), Composer, SFX Artist, Editor, Production Designer and/or lead talent. Any unproduced screenplay or TV pilot must be written by women.
- Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via the participating submission platform - FilmFreeway.
- You must provide your film on a digital download for submissions. DCPs might be required for exhibition at the theatrical location.
- We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit ONLY their fully-finished film. We will judge each submission as a completed work, whether it is or not. Once a film is submitted, we will not update the submission with a more recent cut. Should the film be accepted for screening during the Festival, the filmmaker may have the opportunity to supply the festival with their most recent version, given extreme extenuating circumstances such as a corrupted file.
- FVR and their affiliates have no responsibility for loss, theft, or damage to the materials you submit.
- This is a short film festival only. All submissions must fall under the 30 minutes.
- By submitting your entry, you confirm and warrant you have required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry and to authorize use and exhibition of the film.
- You must have exclusive rights to your film as well as any pertinent releases including but not limited to actors image, location image, trademarked or copyrighted image and music. FVR Festival Producers reserve the right to request proof of such releases at any time before films are screened.
- You are responsible for all shipping costs and risk of loss of your submitted materials to the Festival. The Festival has no responsibility for loss, theft, or damage to the materials you submit.
- By submitting your film, you agree to allow FVR to exhibit your film in venues during its 2020 festivals, regardless of subsequent distribution deals secured after the submission process. You further agree to allow FVR Festival usage of clips from the film and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.
- You authorize the use, without additional compensation, of your name, likeness, and/or voice and photograph for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium now known or developed in the future throughout the world FVR Festival deems appropriate.
By submitting an entry, you agree to the Rules, Terms, and Conditions as set forth above, and further agree to indemnify and hold Female Voices Rock and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, sponsors, or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Festival Indemnites"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including \ attorneys’ reasonable fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Festival Indemnities due to or arising out of your film and any other materials you submit in this Festival, or your conduct during and in connection with this Festival, including but not limited to claims of violation of copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation.
Female Voices Film Festival does not issue refunds under any circumstances. Any and all payments made to Female Voices Film Festival are not refundable for any reason, including, without limitation, failure to use Credentials due to illness, acts of God, travel-related problems, acts of terrorism, pandemic, loss of employment and/or duplicate purchases.