The FascinAsian Film Festival celebrates and promotes Asian perspectives, culture, and identity in film and media. The festival exists to highlight the talent of local, national, and international Asian actors, filmmakers, and content creators. We aim to create programming that inspires, educates, and brings the Asian-Canadian community together in appreciation of the art form and the collective effort by its valued members.
The organization strives to foster understanding and appreciation of Asian arts and culture within the Canadian mosaic. All films made by Asian-Canadian or Asian North-American filmmakers where the film's subject is Asian culturally centric will be considered.
*Submissions is geared for both Winnipeg and Calgary festivals. Selected films will screen in both cities as well as online. Three screenings for each film will be paid accordingly.
FascinAsian Film Festival selections committee nominates will nominate the best shorts for a variety of awards which include:
- Best Prairie Short Film
- Best Canadian Short Film
- Best North American Short Film
- Diversity and Inclusion Prize
Our award prizes will vary between cash, prize packages from sponsors or award plaques.
Eligibility to submit to this film festival:
* We are only accepting from North American filmmakers.
- We are currently accepting short films from all genres.
- Film or video created must have at least one member of the creative team (director, writer, producer/production company or cinematographer) or one of the lead actors/subjects (if documentary) self-identify as being of Asian or part-Asian heritage.
- The film must comply with the mission statement of the film festival. https://fascinasian.ca/
- You must submit a film made in the past 2 years.
- All non-English language films must have English subtitles. Please submit with soft subtitles.
- All films will require English captions (upon acceptance).