Fankeenna Film Fest is a 6-month long project that through 18 film screenings will entertain, educate and empower more than 1800 direct attendees.
From Democracy to Climate Change, experience a monthly weekend dedicated to cinematic storytelling, enriched with discussions and hands-on workshops.
Nestled under the open sky of Hargeisa, Somaliland, our festival offers a space for free expression and accessible artistry. Tea, coffee, and local delights complement the experience. Fankeenna is more than a festival; it's a tapestry of experiences, fostering connections and igniting minds. Join us in painting a new vision for society—one frame, one dialogue, one workshop at a time.
These coming screenings will have the themes on (Unemployment, Youth, Drug Abuse, radicalization).
- Only feature films, documentaries and short films are eligible to submit.
- All lengths are accepted.
- Movies already available online for free are not eligible for submission. Films available on paid online platforms are eligible to submit.
- Films must be submitted with English commentary and/or English dialogue or in the original version with English subtitles.
- Films should be submitted as DCP for screening at the festival.
- The person submitting the film must have had a major creative role in the production of the film/video.
- Film submission is possible until November 20 2023.
- The outcome of the final selection will be announced November 22 2024.
- Filmmakers or producers must be available for a 15-minute virtual Q&A with the audience.
- By submitting, filmmakers agree to these guidelines, ensuring a diverse, interactive, and impactful film festival.